Although the iOS 8 App Switcher functions as expected, it lacks aesthetic and animation qualities that could be used to make the App Switcher look graphically appealing to the end user's eyes. Overall, it's just way too simple and we know Apple could have done much better on the visual effects.

A new free jailbreak tweak called You Fade Me Up by iOS developer MohammadAG is now available in Cydia and it adds a cool fade-out visual effect to the application icons in the App Switcher for iOS 8 as you swipe up on your application preview cards to close them, as shown above.

The fade-out animation matches nicely with the effect that you're basically saying "bye" to an application when you close it, so it not only fits the mood, but it gives the end user a nice pleasing animation to go along with closing their applications.

You Fade Me Up is very simple and begins working once installed. There are no options to configure. The developer has also made the tweak open source on GitHub at this link. If you're interested in giving the tweak a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository and works on iOS 8 devices.

Name: You Fade Me Up
Price: FREE
Version: 1.0-1
Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
Repo: BigBoss
Developer: MohammadAG
Editor's Rating:  5/5