Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'UnDim4What' Un-dims the Lock Screen When a Now-playing Music Track Changes

Default 'UnDim4What' Un-dims the Lock Screen When a Now-playing Music Track Changes

While listening to music on your iOS device, no matter what music application you might be using, when your device is asleep and the song changes, the display remains asleep, which is a boring experience for anyone that docks their iPhone on a desk or music player system while listening to music.

A new free jailbreak tweak called UnDim4What by iOS developer RiDan is now available in Cydia that will wake up your display every time that a now-playing music track changes on your device.

This improves the experience of using docking systems on your desk or table by allowing you see what's playing when the song changes before it even starts playing. It also works if you're just holding your device in your hand, but we believe this tweak would be most enjoyed by those that use docking stations, especially those with built-in speakers.

If you want to give UnDim4What a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure and works on iOS 8 devices.

Name: UnDim4What
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: RiDan
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

not advised for battery use

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    not advised for battery use
    How much impact? Is there a way to set it to only happen while charging? I was looking at this, but I don't need amy battery hogs.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

If you're using this for docking on your desk like we recommended, there would be no worry of battery consumption, but I can see how it might be more battery consuming for those on the go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    If you're using this for docking on your desk like we recommended, there would be no worry of battery consumption, but I can see how it might be more battery consuming for those on the go.
    Is there a way to set it to only do this while charging or a flipswitch for easy changing?

......beware......

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Is there a way to set it to only do this while charging or a flipswitch for easy changing?
    No but it's probably a good suggestion for the developer to add that!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-03-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    No but it's probably a good suggestion for the developer to add that!
    I'll email the dev and show all the changes. I'll probably really enjoy this tweak with that addition.

......beware......