Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ArithmeticAlarm8' Makes You Solve Math Problems to Dismiss Your Alarm on iOS 8

Default 'ArithmeticAlarm8' Makes You Solve Math Problems to Dismiss Your Alarm on iOS 8

So many of you, including myself, know how groggy you feel when you first wake up early in the morning due to an alarm sounding. Sometimes, your first thought is to just turn the alarm off and give yourself 5 more minutes of sleep, and then you close your eyes and doze off again, making you late.

To fix this problem, a new jailbreak tweak called ArithmeticAlarm8 by iOS developer Ryan Shtirmer is now available that forces you to solve arithmetic before you're allowed to actually dismiss the sounding alarm.

ArithmeticAlarm8 is fully compatible with iOS 8, which many of the similar tweaks in the past are not, and it comes with a bonus preferences pane in the Settings application where you can configure a variety of options:

Here, you can:

• Enable or disable the need to solve arithmetic to dismiss an alarm on demand
    • Enable or disable allowing a single 5-minute snooze before being forced to solve math problems
    • Choose what kind of arithmetic operation to be asked (random is recommended so you are challenged)
    • Choose the difficulty of the arithmetic question to actually make you think when waking up

If you're interested in giving ArithmeticAlarm8 a try, it's available for just 99 right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed and used.

Name: ArithmeticAlarm8
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.0.1-3
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ryan Shtirmer
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turdsmoka For This Useful Post:

jery911 (2015-03-07)

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    Lol.
    That's all I want to do in the morning when groggy. Would love to solve math problems the first time I open my eyes with a dumb face on. How about questions from the periodic table? Name the element in group 15 period 7 with the UUP symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Lol.
    That's all I want to do in the morning when groggy. Would love to solve math problems the first time I open my eyes with a dumb face on. How about questions from the periodic table? Name the element in group 15 period 7 with the UUP symbol.
    Whatever it takes to wake you up, bruh.