Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Digital Clock Icon' Lets You Change the Clock App Icon in iOS to a Digital Clock Icon

Default 'Digital Clock Icon' Lets You Change the Clock App Icon in iOS to a Digital Clock Icon

Apple's Clock application icon in iOS 7 and iOS 8 displays the time with an animated analog clock. It's a very beautiful way to represent the time on the iOS Home Screen, unfortunately not everyone can read an analog clock or they prefer the style and representation of a digital clock.

A new free jailbreak tweak called Digital Clock Icon by iOS developer liuyuning is now available in Cydia that lets you replace the analog animated clock icon for the Clock application on the Home Screen with a digital clock application icon, as shown above.

The new icon comes with some additional perks, but it also has one shortcoming. Starting with the perks, you have a much easier-to-read time from the Home Screen, but it also shows the date at the top, as well as your altitude at the bottom. The main shortcoming is that the digital clock doesn't show the current time in seconds, so you only get to see the hour and minute, while Apple's stock analog clock icon on the other hand, keeps you updated on the seconds as well.

If you prefer the digital clock interface, then Digital Clock Icon is a great upgrade for you. It's available free of cost in Cydia's BigBoss repository and doesn't come with any options to configure just install it and you're ready to go. The tweak is compatible with both iOS 7 and iOS 8 devices.

Name: Digital Clock Icon
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: liuyuning
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Altitude not working on 6+

Can some people really not read an analog clock? I've never heard of that. That's like learning that some people don't know how to use a toilet, or don't know how to tie shoes :P

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

echoes49 (2015-03-07), sheltons.iphone (2015-03-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Can some people really not read an analog clock? I've never heard of that. That's like learning that some people don't know how to use a toilet, or don't know how to tie shoes :P
    Oh yeah there are plenty of people that can't. It seems I meet a few every so often that just never paid attention in school or couldn't grasp the concept.

About time!! I wonder if it will be possible to theme...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Oh yeah there are plenty of people that can't. It seems I meet a few every so often that just never paid attention in school or couldn't grasp the concept.
    If you're unable to read an analog clock because you couldn't grasp the concept in school or anywhere else, you should not be alive. I have never ever heard this kind of non- sense in my 40 years of life. If you're over 10 years of age you are expected to know this. It's like not getting the concept of a key that opens a door. If you grew up in a remote African village and have not had any contact with civilization or dyslexic you're excused. Otherwise it's trivial.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rolandgabor For This Useful Post:

echoes49 (2015-03-07), sheltons.iphone (2015-03-07)

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    If you're unable to read an analog clock because you couldn't grasp the concept in school or anywhere else, you should not be alive. I have never ever heard this kind of non- sense in my 40 years of life. If you're over 10 years of age you are expected to know this. It's like not getting the concept of a key that opens a door. If you grew up in a remote African village and have not had any contact with civilization or dyslexic you're excused. Otherwise it's trivial.
    Haha, I think maybe some people are just not fast* at reading an analog clock? If one prefers a digital clock maybe it's because they can read it faster, as opposed to counting tick marks or remembering the tick values. Just trying to wrap my mind around this, lol

Come on! Surely if you have the intelligence to use a smart phone then I cannot believe you have not the intelligence to read an analog clock! To prefer a digital clock is another matter.