Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8.2 Reportedly Launching Next Monday, Here's What's New in the Update

Default iOS 8.2 Reportedly Launching Next Monday, Here's What's New in the Update

iOS 8.2 is Apple's next major mobile operating system update for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that is expected to drop any time now. Reports have been all over the charts on when it could be released, but after missing two the most recent expectations, BGR has another estimate, which seems to line up with current events.

iOS 8.2 is expected to be released to the public next week; the same week as Apple's March 9th 'Spring Forward' event where the Apple Watch is expected to be unveiled with information on pricing and availability. Although the iOS 8.2 update was expected to be released this week instead of next week, Apple has reportedly decided to push one last beta release to its partners for testing, likely to attempt to patch the FREAK Web security issue that was reported on yesterday, which Apple said they would release an update for next week (iOS 8.2?).

As we know, iOS 8.2 comes with the WatchKit developer API so that third-party developers can tap into Apple's new Watch wearable with their software, but as we can see, iOS 8.2 also comes with some additional improvements that are listed in the official change log below (via BGR):

Health App improvements

• Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
    • Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
    • Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
    • Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
    • Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
    • Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
    • Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
    • Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed

Stability Enhancements

• Increases stability of Mail
    • Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
    • Improves stability of Music
    • Improves VoiceOver reliability
    • Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug Fixes

• Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
    • Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
    • Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
    • Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
    • Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
    • Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
    • Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
    • Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
    • Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
    • Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
    • Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
    • Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.

iOS 8.2 could be released as early as Monday, the day of the 'Spring Forward' event, but may even be released a few days after. Jailbreakers should, of course, steer clear of this update, as it can not be jailbroken with any public jailbreak tool at this point in time.

We will keep you updated as more information surfaces, so stay tuned!

Sources: BGR
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-05 at 04:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-08)

Thanks

No thanks I love my JB :]

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Assassination (2015-03-06), buggsy2 (2015-03-06), Rakim (2015-03-07), StaceyMJ86 (2015-03-05)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

bigboyz why do you comment on every single article on the front page?

"Improved stability of music"

Thank goodness, iOS 8 has handled large music libraries absolutely horribly. Crashes and is often unresponsive. You'd think apple would have made this a top priority and rolled it out as soon as possible considering their love for music.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThuD Muffin For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2015-03-14)

Thanks

Padgoi, the latest articles have been interesting and worth comment. I work in an environment that allows me to be online all day. In the end I have access and ability. Hope that answers your question.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-03-06), novadam (2015-03-07), Rakim (2015-03-07), vinaygoel2000 (2015-03-05)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Agreed!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to edwilk55 For This Useful Post:

Rakim (2015-03-07)

Default iOS 8.2 Reportedly Launching Next Monday, Here's What's New in the Update
    I have a feeling the 8.2 jailbreak is ready to drop straight after.

I have a feeling we'll have a TaiG jailbreak for 8.2 sooner rather than later.

Is there a way to report mistranslation? In the Hungarian translation of Health app i can add my weight in kilogramms. I think they wanted to write mass instead of weight or i should be able to set my weight in Newton.

My jailbreak is more important

16. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-05)

Americans put the OS in Jail but Chinese break the Jail.... TaiG The Boss.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    My jailbreak is more important
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by bPatrik View Post
    Is there a way to report mistranslation? In the Hungarian translation of Health app i can add my weight in kilogramms. I think they wanted to write mass instead of weight or i should be able to set my weight in Newton.
    The SI unit of mass is the kilogram. The Newton is the force required to accelerate 1kg of mass at 1 metre per second squared

I'm sticking with my iPhone 6 jailbroken thank u...

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    bigboyz why do you comment on every single article on the front page?
    Is there a reason why he shouldn't be able to comment on them??

Finally fixing the Playlist problem, too bad I won't update unless it gets JB..!

I read they are already in the middle of 8.3 so why even bother with 8.2? Just wait a few more weeks for 8.3.
    Or do what I've done and stay on 7.1.2. Its a lot better than 8 anyway. ALL previous IOS's are better than the next.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Same here.
    Agreed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Amen!!

What this really means from Apple is: we screwed the jailbreak up, no bug fixes or nothing like that, just a big fat patch on the jailbreak holes. So yeah, stay away from this version people!!

Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
    I read they are already in the middle of 8.3 so why even bother with 8.2? Just wait a few more weeks for 8.3.
    Or do what I've done and stay on 7.1.2. Its a lot better than 8 anyway. ALL previous IOS's are better than the next.
    So iOS 8.2 has a major focus on the Apple Watch, which Apple needs to release at the time of the Apple Watch release. iOS 8.3 is mostly just OS improvements and isn't ready yet like iOS 8.2 is.

so if I want to use an Apple Watch, I'm going to have to move my phone to 8.2 and lose my JB? that SUCKS. hope one of the teams has an 8.2 JB ready to go. otherwise, forget it for now, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast