Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next iPhone May Have Apple SIM and 2GB of RAM

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Next iPhone May Have Apple SIM and 2GB of RAM

It seems like just yesterday Apple had launched their iPhone 6 lineup worldwide and now, new rumors are already circulating the web in regards to the iPhone 6s. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus currently have only 1GB of RAM and needs a SIM card from individual wireless carriers in order for the device to work. A new report from AppleInsider is claiming that the iPhone 6s will have 2GB of RAM and come with an Apple SIM, which would allow users to use any carrier they want without having to get stuck in long-term carrier plans. It was noted that U.S. carriers T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint will be participating.

AppleInsider noted:

The same source also told AppleInsider that Apple is strongly considering shipping its next-generation handset with the Apple SIM pre-installed. That piece, which also made its debut with the iPad Air 2, allows consumers to sign up for mobile data plans from any participating carrier directly from the Settings app without long-term contracts and to switch providers at any time.
    Although the report from AppleInsider stated that the company is looking to include the Apple SIM, Greg Joswiak, Apple’s VP of iPhone, iPod, and iOS disagreed on the idea in October of 2014. Apparently he was against this idea because of the number of consumers purchasing directly from mobile carriers. According to FierceWireless,

Joswiak said Apple has not discussed putting the Apple SIM into iPhones, but said that because of the way most customers buy an iPhone--through a carrier directly--the Apple SIM is not as well suited. "I don't think you're going to go to the Verizon store and say, 'Can you hook me up with AT&T?,'" he said.
    If Apple decided to do this, we think majority of customers would love the idea of being able to choose their carriers on the Apple SIM. Let’s hope Apple will decide to do this on the next iPhone. Would this be something you’d prefer? Share your thoughts with us below.

Source: AppleInsider, FierceWireless

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

I'll believe it when I see it. It makes perfect sense… That's why Apple will never do it.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Atom2215 (2015-03-05), Carvensno (2015-03-05), DQEight (2015-03-05), Jokadaking (2015-03-05), TDH Advocate (2015-03-05)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. It makes perfect sense… That's why Apple will never do it.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Why in the Heck would apple care so much about carriers, make the phone unlocked! All phones! Locking a phone is stupid you are bound by contract anyway unless you buy a phone, if you buy a phone now its only unlocked if from apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Give me 2gigs of Ram 128 Gigs of storage, and 1 diet pepsi Please!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DieselVexx For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-03-05)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope they increase the speed of their flash drive hardware. Takes way too long to transfer stuff.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    I hope they increase the speed of their flash drive hardware. Takes way too long to transfer stuff.
    I'm hoping for USB 3.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually pissed the 6+ doesn't have 2GB of RAM already. I can only have 2-3 apps open at a time before others in the background close themselves out to free up memory for other apps I already have open. Irritating.

I hope they get rid of 16GB versions and make 32GB available at the base price... the manufacturing cost difference is negligible between the two... but I doubt Apple will show any kind of love to its loyal consumers... what a pity! *sigh*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jigar7 For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-03-05)

Thanks

Definitely agree with 2 and 32 being the minimums for iPhone 6 but things always come at least a year later than they should.

It will come bundled with 6 months of paid service, rather than being locked in to a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Definitely agree with 2 and 32 being the minimums for iPhone 6 but things always come at least a year later than they should.
    But still Apple claim they are the pioneers in technology. The truth is Apple introduce new stuff in its low end devices. iOS deceives its customers by as being a fast OS. But they just makeup their low speed with screen shots. You feel iOS is fluid like. But not true. U see a screenshot of everything first. Then u get real app working.

The reality is even Safari can't hold a page in background tab. When you go back to old tabs, you may often see it's refreshing.

Apple did this with the new iPads this year, the new sims cards and all, but, At&t told me if I wanted my iPad Air 2 to work on their network I had to remove the apple sim an put in the AT&T SIM card so it wont matter if Apple makes a sim card, we will still be locked in a contract

You know what is confusing is that when someone writes iPhone 6s, I don't know if they mean plural of "iPhone 6" or if it's the following generation "S" version. It seems like a capital S (iPhone 6S) would help avoid the confusion.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-03-06), NewD (2015-03-05)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    You know what is confusing is that when someone writes iPhone 6s, I don't know if they mean plural of "iPhone 6" or if it's the following generation "S" version. It seems like a capital S (iPhone 6S) would help avoid the confusion.
    The "S" has always been capitalized in all Apple documentation since the 3GS and 4S. It's never been 4s... etc. Not sure what you're talking about.

Thanks

The "S" has always been capitalized in all Apple documentation since the 3GS and 4S. It's never been 4s... etc. Not sure what you're talking about.
    Not true. Since the 5s they have lower cased it and even in the Xcode iOS simulator they have retroactively started calling it an iPhone 4s. If you go to the bottom of any App Store page under compatibility it lists iPhone 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Men View Post
    But still Apple claim they are the pioneers in technology. The truth is Apple introduce new stuff in its low end devices. iOS deceives its customers by as being a fast OS. But they just makeup their low speed with screen shots. You feel iOS is fluid like. But not true. U see a screenshot of everything first. Then u get real app working.

The reality is even Safari can't hold a page in background tab. When you go back to old tabs, you may often see it's refreshing.
    Android has borrowed the screenshot method for some stuff but yeah, Apple is first to some things and they should've put more RAM in A8.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2015-03-05 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    Yeah, that can be confusing. You'd think people would be more careful with their punctuation, but as internet short-hand evolves people pay less attention to such things.

now its cool to not punctuate. i blame twitter

Is an apple sim removable? Or hard wired to the main board? And if not removable will there be separate models for countries not supported by apple sim?

Edit: Ok, just read the post about the iPads and apple sim. Seems that it is removable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Not true. Since the 5s they have lower cased it and even in the Xcode iOS simulator they have retroactively started calling it an iPhone 4s. If you go to the bottom of any App Store page under compatibility it lists iPhone 5s.
    Hmm.. Well - I stand corrected. I've seen both and always used a capital S myself and seen that in articles too.

Apple never wrote 3gs though.. Is was 3GS.. Wonder why they changed to 4s..

Thanks

Hmm.. Well - I stand corrected. I've seen both and always used a capital S myself and seen that in articles too.

Apple never wrote 3gs though.. Is was 3GS.. Wonder why they changed to 4s..
    It is strange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast