Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'InstallReset' Keeps Your Icons in Alphabetical Order After Every App Install/Uninstall

Default 'InstallReset' Keeps Your Icons in Alphabetical Order After Every App Install/Uninstall

If you're O.C.D. about the placement of your Home Screen application icons and like them in alphabetical order no matter what, then a new free jailbreak tweak called InstallReset by iOS developer CFarzaneh is worth a few minutes of your time to check out.

With this tweak installed, every time that you install or uninstall an application on your iOS device, your Home Screen application icon layout is refreshed so that all of your application icons are placed on your Home Screen in alphabetical order.

This tweak will be most useful for those that are installing new applications all the time, as uninstalling an application will just bring the next application in order to replace the spot of the one you've just deleted, while installing an application, on the other hand, will put the new application on the last available spot on your Home Screen (out of order).

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as configure whether you want the tweak to work when uninstalling applications, installing applications, or both:

If you're interested in grabbing InstallReset, it's available absolutely free in Cydia's ModMyi repository right now. The tweak works with iOS 8.

Name: InstallReset
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-22
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: CFarzaneh
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

miketurbo123 (2015-03-03), vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-02), zplit (2015-03-03)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Why doesn't Apple organizes the stock apps in alphabetical order. I wish this tweak did that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a way to use this tweak while still using your folders? When I installed this it took everything out of my folders. I figured it would just organize the items in each folder into alphabetical order, which is what I do for my apps. I don't want all my apps on my home screen. Too bad, this has potential.