Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8.2 Could Reportedly Drop as Early as Next Monday to the Public

Default iOS 8.2 Could Reportedly Drop as Early as Next Monday to the Public

Those that have been following the news recently are aware of the fact that iOS 8.2 is currently in its beta stages and beta 5 was seeded to developers at the beginning of February. With Apple's 'Spring Forward' event quickly approaching with a show date of March 9th, questions are buzzing around as to when iOS 8.2 will make its final release; after all, it comes with the built-in software necessary to use Apple's upcoming Apple Watch.

A new report from BGR suggests that iOS 8.2 could come to the public as early as next Monday, March 2nd, which would give customers a way to download and install the new firmware a week before the Apple Watch is talked about at Apple's special event.

iOS 8.2 will let users pair their iPhones with their Apple Watches and begin using the integrated software to take advantage of the two devices as a set. It also allows app developers to release their own Apple Watch-compatible applications in the App Store so that users can get the most out of their devices. In addition, we know the software will include multiple security and stability improvements too.

BGR also notes that iOS 8.3 should be released fairly soon after iOS 8.2 and that it shouldn't be a long wait for the release at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    Additionally, we were told there might be as many as four iOS 8.3 beta versions. Apple released iOS 8.3 beta 2 earlier this week, so that leaves two more versions before the company makes it publicly available to customers.
    iOS 8.3 includes a variety of improvements for Apple's mobile operating system, including improvements to the way Siri speaks, and adds the variable Emoji skin tone function to the operating system so users can control the look of their Emojis before sending them.

Sources: BGR

8.1 was announced during the keynote for the iPad last time. I'm guessing they'll wait until they announce the watch specs and prices

iOS 8.2 beta is jailbroken already, I'm guessing the official release will be jailbroken sooner rather than later.

iOS 8.2 betas that were jail breakable hadn't been patched yet. So it will have no bearing on how quick a JB will be released for 8.2 GM

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-01), SpiderManAPV (2015-02-27), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    iOS 8.2 betas that were jail breakable hadn't been patched yet. So it will have no bearing on how quick a JB will be released for 8.2 GM
    8.2 beta 2 is the ones that can be jail broken. After that I think it is patched

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-01)

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    iOS 8.2 beta is jailbroken already, I'm guessing the official release will be jailbroken sooner rather than later.
    No because beta 1 and beta 2 use vulnerabilities from iOS 8.1.2. Any newer beta than that has patched TaiG and will require a new jailbreak.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-03-01)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    8.2 beta 2 is the ones that can be jail broken. After that I think it is patched
    Isn't that what I said.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-01)

I'm probably going to stay on 8.1.2 for another year. It's working very well. I do like the updated Siri voice, tho. Here's hoping someone will figure out how to patch older firmware with the new voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm probably going to stay on 8.1.2 for another year. It's working very well. I do like the updated Siri voice, tho. Here's hoping someone will figure out how to patch older firmware with the new voice.
    Yeah so far, no complaints on stability. None of my stock applications crash, I haven't noticed any bugs that affect my daily life usage of iOS, and everything I need is there.

My jailbroken devices will probably stay there until the next jailbreak though. I like to stay on top of my firmware updates because when jailbreak developers start releasing new jailbreak tweaks, many of them typically only have the latest version of iOS in mind and don't have the resources to test on various firmware versions.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-01), SpiderManAPV (2015-03-01), vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-01)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

If I end up liking the Apple Watch as much as I expect I will, I'll likely have to jump the gun and upgrade before the jailbreak to use the watch. Hopefully it's worth it.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!