Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AutoRotateVideos' is a Handy Tweak for You Rotation Lock Users Out There

Default 'AutoRotateVideos' is a Handy Tweak for Those of You Rotation Lock Users Out There

If you're a user of the rotation lock feature in iOS, then you probably have it enabled because you hate when your device accidentally rotates into landscape mode on you. On the other hand, when you're watching a video, you would probably prefer to have the screen in landscape mode so that it didn't feel like you were watching a thumbnail on your long screen in the wrong direction.

Unfortunately, this requires turning rotation lock off manually, which means taking more of your time to perform a relatively simple task that you shouldn't have had to waste your time on in the first place. If you want to make it so that watching videos in landscape mode is easier even when rotation lock is enabled, then a new free jailbreak tweak called AutoRotateVideos by iOS developers Simon Selg and Ibrahim A. is now available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository that will probably come off as handy to you.

With this tweak installed, even if you have rotation lock enabled, you can make it so that videos (as the only exception out of everything) display in landscape mode. And best of all, you can choose what landscape orientation that you want left or right from the tweak's preferences pane that is added to the Settings application when the tweak is installed, as shown below:

If you want landscape left, an option is there for you. Conversely, if you want landscape right, and option for that is there for you too. An auto-detect option will let you choose at the time of entering landscape mode what orientation your device will be flipped into when the video starts playing based on your accelerometer. You can also enable or disable the tweak on demand with the toggle switch.

If you want to give AutoRotateVideos a try for your video-watching needs on your device with rotation lock enabled, then it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. Check it out!

Name: AutoRotateVideos
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-4
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Simon Selg, Ibrahim A.
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

Would love the ability to lock in both natively. Not sure why its not an option yet. Lock in landscape and lock in portrait..give me what i want :]

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Would love the ability to lock in both natively. Not sure why its not an option yet. Lock in landscape and lock in portrait..give me what i want :]
    Have you tried PortraitLock? It allows landscape locking.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

I have not tried PortraitLock but I have a feeling that's going to change..thank you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-02-27)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Not working on my 6 plus. Uninstalled.