Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Printer Pro' Goes Free As This Week's iOS App of the Week

Default 'Printer Pro' Goes Free As This Week's iOS App of the Week

Apple has named a new application the App of the Week this week as a part of the company's ritualistic practice of featuring one lucky application to be on the front page of the App Store every week. Last week's pick was Duet Game, and this week Apple is going more professional with a new application called Printer Pro.

Printer Pro is a great solution for those of you that don't have a printer that supports AirPrint. It allows you to print to your favorite Wi-Fi or USB printer using your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. It works with a free companion application for your PC or Mac to allow you to print to non-Wi-Fi printers via USB.

The Printer Pro application, which is typically $6.99 in the iOS App Store, is free until next Thursday when a new App of the Week is announced.

The application supports the "Open In" functionality built into Google Drive and Dropbox. It also works with Web pages, documents, PDF files, and many other sources of files that you may want to print out.

If you're interested in downloading Printer Pro while it's free this week, you can head over to this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

I have been using Printopia for years. It looks similar to that with more options. I will give it a shot.

This app doesn't replace AirPrint nor is a substitute. Try to print an email to something else other than AirPriing printer.

Doesn't work for me. Never gets past the splash screen.
    Iphone 6+, jailbroken on 8.1.2

I've had this Printer Pro app for quite awhile because I like Readdle's other applications, most notably their Calendars 5 app, but Printer Pro doesn't work with my home wireless (non-AirPrint) Brother MFC-7860DW printer. I have to use Brother's own app, iPrint&Scan.

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    I have been using Printopia for years. It looks similar to that with more options. I will give it a shot.
    There in no "printopia" in the AppStore.