Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Stratos' is a New App Switcher Replacement for iOS 7 and iOS 8 Devices

Default 'Stratos' is a New App Switcher Replacement for iOS 7 and iOS 8 Devices

Available in Cydia right now is a new jailbreak tweak called Stratos by the Cortex Dev Team in collaboration with Ethan Arbuckle. It looks to be a very promising new App Switcher replacement for iOS 7 and iOS 8 devices, and best of all, it brings with it much of the style of the old version of Auxo for iOS 6 because of the miniature application preview cards with application icon overlays.

Stratos integrates with Control Center, so by pulling up from the bottom of your display, you will open the Stratos App Switcher replacement where you can tap on application previews to open recently-used applications, or swipe up on the application previews to close them from the App Switcher. You can also swipe to the left to reveal your Music Controls and Control Center controls that are typically shown when you open Control Center without Stratos.

Users will find that Stratos makes it easier to close all of your running applications at once, and even respring their device(s).

The tweak also comes with configuration options that are stashed in the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, adjust the background blur style, hide or show the grabber, enable or disable the parallax effect in Stratos, configure the Stratos height, configure functionality for Stratos, and more. In terms of functionality, you can do things like:

• Show running applications in the App Switcher
    • Activate Stratos with the Home Button
    • Enable or disable Stratos' QuickLaunch
    • Hide or show the Home Screen card introduced with iOS 7 and later
    • The ability to choose what page of Stratos opens depending on where you swipe up
    • Configuring a default Stratos page
    • Configuring the Status page order
    • Configuring the number of enabled Stratos pages
    • Enabling or disabling opening to the media controls if media is playing

Overall, Stratos looks like a very promising App Switcher replacement that will compete with Auxo for iOS 7 and iOS 8. Also coming soon is a legacy version of Auxo that looks very aesthetically similar to Stratos, so it will be interesting to see how the two compare in terms of App Switcher replacements.

If you want to give Stratos a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.99. iOS 7 or iOS 8 is required to install Stratos.

Name: Stratos
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Cortex Dev Team, Ethan Arbuckle
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought it yesterday. Already has a few glaring bugs that the developer is working on:

1. The double click home button option in the settings doesn't work at all. Enabling it only turns off the normal stock app switcher but doesn't show the stratos one.

2. Had four safe mode crashes within two hours of installing it. All four happened when trying to open an app in the app switcher.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-02-27), novadam (2015-02-27)

You say 5/5 even though functionality is minimal and battery life is majorly affected.
    How about you try it first before you slap a best tweak ever sticker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by twahl3583 View Post
    You say 5/5 even though functionality is minimal and battery life is majorly affected.
    How about you try it first before you slap a best tweak ever sticker on it.
    Unfortunately I must agree. This tweak is super buggy to the point of being unusable in it's current state. There so many people reporting big issues with it it's ridiculous. A quick glance at r/jailbreakis all it takes to get the truth about this tweak. To give it 5/5 is really unexplainable

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

The update seems to have fixed the tweak and it's working better now.