Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SpaceText' Lets You Put Any Text String You Want on the iOS Keyboard's Space Key

Default 'SpaceText' Lets You Put Any Text String You Want on the iOS Keyboard's Space Key

The space bar in iOS is very boring. It shows the word "space" in lower case whenever the keyboard shows up. You can use a new free jailbreak tweak called SpaceText by iOS developer Logan O'Connell to change the text string that appears on the Space Bar on the iOS 8 keyboard to whatever you want.

With the tweak, you can leave the text string blank, so that the space bar is simply blank like it is on your Mac, or you can add your own fun custom string of text for customization purposes, as we have done above.

There is really no benefit to the tweak's functionality apart from a merely cosmetic standpoint. If you like modding things out and making them your own, then this tweak may be a cool little addition to you, but not if you're a minimalist and don't see the point of this type of customization.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, choose the text string that you want appearing on the iOS keyboard's space bar, and respring your device to save any changes that you make:

If you're interested in giving SpaceText a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now.

Name: SpaceText
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Logan O'Connell
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-24)

Thanks

Super simple but I'm super stoked on this... My space bar now says Use The Force... Sometimes my favorite tweaks are the most silly simple ones.

Mine says Space Bra or Enter (to phuc with people's minds)

Default 'SpaceText' Lets You Put Any Text String You Want on the iOS Keyboard's Space...
    "FixImageKbFont" tweak on Cydia will fix the emoji color.
    👍

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vXBaKeRXv For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-02-25), menard_00 (2015-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post
    "FixImageKbFont" tweak on Cydia will fix the emoji color.
    ��
    Thanks for the heads up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-25)