Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2

  1. #1
    Default Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2


    At this point in time, iOS 8.1.3 is the most current public firmware for iOS devices, whether you're using an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. iOS 8.1.3 closes the exploits used in the TaiG jailbreak, and Apple also stopped signing iOS 8.1.2, which means that those of you who updated to iOS 8.1.3 had no way of getting your jailbreak back. Until now... that is.

    TaiG has announced on their Web site that while iOS 8.1.3 is "temporarily" not jailbroken, the team has activated support in their jailbreak tool for iOS 8.2 beta 1 and iOS 8.2 beta 2 in the new version 1.3.0 of their jailbreak tool:

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiG
    TaiG Team Announcement

    Dear Taig Jailbreak Tool users, Happy Chinese New Year! In the beginning at the Year of the Goat, we welcomed a whole new future. According to the Chinese old traditions, Taig Team prepared a special Spring Festival gift for you all.

    Early this month, Apple released iOS 8.1.3, part of our users have successfully upgraded to the newest system version, although temporarily there is no untethered jailbreak available for iOS 8.1.3. As we said before, Taig Jailbreak Team have already completed the untethered jailbreak support for iOS 8.2. Recently, Apple just released the iOS 8.2 beta 5 version, which means the official iOS 8.2 would come soon.

    So we decided to announce the TaiG Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.2 beta 1 & 2 on Windows.

    To those who have already upgraded to iOS 8.1.3, we suggest you upgrade to iOS 8.2 beta 1 & 2 by using TaiG Firmware Upgrade Tool, and then use TaiG Jailbreak Tool to jailbreak your device.

    To TaiG users, thanks for your support and kindness; to Chinese and foreign media, thanks for your reports and attention. TaiG Jailbreak Team wish you a happy Goat Year and good luck.
    Since iOS 8.2 beta 1 and 2 don't expire, this is an option for those of you that updated to iOS 8.1.3 accidentally and want your jailbreak back; but it's bittersweet in a way because it's still a beta, which means instability is to be expected. iOS 8.2 beta doesn't change that much in "iOS has a whole", except that it adds the WatchKit API to your operating system for third-party developers to tap into the power of Apple's Watch.

    It should be kept in mind, however, that iOS betas are for developers only. This means that if you're a developer, you know where to look to get the firmware file. Those of you that need assistance in obtaining the firmware files will need to consult Google to find it, as we can't supply you with download links for obvious reasons.

    To download the latest version (1.3.0) of the TaiG jailbreak tool with support for iOS 8.2 beta 1 and iOS 8.2 beta 2, you can head over to TaiG's Web site to download it via this link. The tool is still for Windows at this point in time and our guide on how to jailbreak with TaiG is available at this link.

    It's a relatively straightforward jailbreak.



    TaiG is expected to unveil official iOS 8.2 support some time after Apple releases iOS 8.2 to the public.

    Notably, if you're on Mac OS X and not Windows, we've received word that the PP jailbreak for Mac OS X also supports iOS 8.2 beta 1 and iOS 8.2 beta 2.

    Sources: TaiG
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2015-02-23 at 06:19 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Anon9mouz (2015-02-25), mickie007 (2015-02-24)

  3. #2
    This is great news, but I wonder is it a case of Taig burning exploits that could have been used in the GM version? Also can the ordinary end user install the beta? I thought you needed the $100 / year Dev account or a registered UDID?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (2015-02-24), HovikGas (2015-02-23)

  5. #3
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    This is great news, but I wonder is it a case of Taig burning exploits that could have been used in the GM version? Also can the ordinary end user install the beta? I thought you needed the $100 / year Dev account or a registered UDID?
    If I understand this right, these exploits were already fixed in later betas, so it should have no impact on the official 8.2 release.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    docmagoo2 (2015-02-24), TDH Advocate (2015-02-24)

  7. #4
    There was no new exploits used in the 8.2 beta 1 and 2 versions that were not already being used in ios 8.0-8.1.2. 8.2 beta 3 patches Taig and therefore, will require new exploits. Apparently, Taig is ready for 8.2 GM when it comes out with new exploits. That remains to be seen. The ordinary user can install 8.2 beta 2 without a developer account, but it is recommended that you be a developer (so basically use at your own risk). For directions on this, just search youtube and you should find instructions.

  8. #5
    so, have any of you tried this? is it a go? im already jb on 8.1.2 but im itching to play.

  9. #6
    I've had 2 tell me it's working fine. Some tweaks aren't compatible yet.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I've had 2 tell me it's working fine. Some tweaks aren't compatible yet.
    what tweaks? i was thinking of trying but im really enjoying my JB on 8.1.1
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

  11. #8
    Hopefully at some point they update it something to work on iOS 8.1.3 just got a new iPhone so I'm hoping to jailbreak soon

  12. #9
    I understand now. Didn't realise that iOS 8.2 betas 1&2 had already been superseded. For those of you wanting to try it, good luck in finding a copy of iOS 8.2 beta 1 or 2! Nigh on impossible unless you're a dev

  13. #10
    Default Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2
    Would you like a link to the ipsw download? Plus it's usually fairly easy to have a dev add you for a few bucks.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2015-02-24 at 02:33 AM.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-25)

  15. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Would you like a link to the ipsw download? Plus it's usually fairly easy to have a dev add you for a few bucks.
    I would! How do I go about getting a Dev to add me for a couple bucks? I'm down

  16. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Would you like a link to the ipsw download? Plus it's usually fairly easy to have a dev add you for a few bucks.
    Apparently the links to the official apple downloads don't work any more. They'll only let you download beta 5 but I can't verify this for myself

  17. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Apparently the links to the official apple downloads don't work any more. They'll only let you download beta 5 but I can't verify this for myself
    As a dev I can confirm that beta 5 is the only downloadable firmware. Wish I would've been a dev earlier so I could've gotten it myself and saved it. I'm going to be saving the 8.3 betas in case a jailbreak works on them in the future and patched with a new beta later. Haha.

  18. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts

    Tried to update to 8.2b2 and it wouldn't let me. Decided to update to 8.1.3 to see if it would let me. It didn't. No more jailbreak. Oh well. Onto 8.3b2 I guess.

  19. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Tried to update to 8.2b2 and it wouldn't let me. Decided to update to 8.1.3 to see if it would let me. It didn't. No more jailbreak. Oh well. Onto 8.3b2 I guess.
    So Apple have closed the signing window for 8.2 beta 2? Surely it should have let you restore to 8.1.3 as its the most recent public release and as far as I knew you can downgrade as long as apple are still signing.

  20. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    So Apple have closed the signing window for 8.2 beta 2? Surely it should have let you restore to 8.1.3 as its the most recent public release and as far as I knew you can downgrade as long as apple are still signing.
    Sorry. That was a poor choice of wording. I meant that I updated to 8.1.3 to try and update to beta 2 but it wouldn't let me. So I'm on 8.3 beta 2 now since it wouldn't let me load 8.2 beta 2 onto my phone even though it was labeled to be the proper build for my device. Supposedly Apple is still signing but you cannot download 8.2b2 from the developer website. If anyone has any ideas as to why it wouldn't let me put 8.2b2 on my phone it would help out a lot if you could give me some foresight. Perhaps I can downgrade to it before they stop signing it.

  21. #17
    Default Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Sorry. That was a poor choice of wording. I meant that I updated to 8.1.3 to try and update to beta 2 but it wouldn't let me. So I'm on 8.3 beta 2 now since it wouldn't let me load 8.2 beta 2 onto my phone even though it was labeled to be the proper build for my device. Supposedly Apple is still signing but you cannot download 8.2b2 from the developer website. If anyone has any ideas as to why it wouldn't let me put 8.2b2 on my phone it would help out a lot if you could give me some foresight. Perhaps I can downgrade to it before they stop signing it.
    Going to try when I get home. Managed to get the correct ipsw for my iPhone 5s. I'll let you know the results


    EDIT: Restored to iOS 8.2 beta 2 with no issues. About to attempt jailbreak
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 2015-02-24 at 11:56 AM.

  22. #18
    Is it safe to install 8.2b2? Meaning will i still be able to update to a GM once im done with it.

  23. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexdakidd View Post
    Is it safe to install 8.2b2? Meaning will i still be able to update to a GM once im done with it.
    Yeap. As long as Apple is signing a firmware for a specific device you can restore to it. In this case you can safely downgrade to a public release

  24. #20
    I wish the people at TaiG would focus on major releases of iOS an keep the ways to jailbreak betas to themselves until the GM is released, by them doing this there giving Apple a chance at blocking it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •