Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2

It would be nice if the downloads would actually download and not stop at around 250MB

Quote Originally Posted by studderman View Post
    I wish the people at TaiG would focus on major releases of iOS an keep the ways to jailbreak betas to themselves until the GM is released, by them doing this there giving Apple a chance at blocking it.
    These betas have already been patched in 8.1.3 and any beta version that was released after 8.1.3 is also patching it.

Why does this work then?

Because when Apple released 8.2 b1 & b2 it was before 8.1.3 was patched. So it is just timing that allowed these 2 betas to still have the ability to be jailbroken. They did not build a special tool for these versions of the firmware! They did not spend any time and resources to JB these either! All that was done was to include these versions as jailbreakable in the tool, that's it. Get it?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-02-24)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    These betas have already been patched in 8.1.3 and any beta version that was released after 8.1.3 is also patching it.

Why does this work then?

Because when Apple released 8.2 b1 & b2 it was before 8.1.3 was patched. So it is just timing that allowed these 2 betas to still have the ability to be jailbroken. They did not build a special tool for these versions of the firmware! They did not spend any time and resources to JB these either! All that was done was to include these versions as jailbreakable in the tool, that's it. Get it?
    That's a good explanation. I thought they'd burnt exploits but this was explained to me too. So far have 8.2 build 12D445d (beta 2) running fine with no issues.

One thing I will warn folks. Well two things.

1. It's a beta so it may be more unstable than the GM so bear this in mind.

2. If you reset the iPhone to factory for any reason after using the update method to get iOS 8.2 / 8.3 then you'll have to activate again. This may cause problems for those without a UDID registered to a Dev account. Normally you won't reset after a jailbreak anyway but just be aware. The only way around this would be to either register your UDID or change to the most recently available public release, reactivate and hope apple are still signing the beta.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

Alexdakidd (2015-02-24)

If I understand this right, didn't the Taig folks say in their statement that you can upgrade to 8.2 using their Firmware Tool. Forgive me if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bobroy1 View Post
    If I understand this right, didn't the Taig folks say in their statement that you can upgrade to 8.2 using their Firmware Tool. Forgive me if I'm wrong
    I saw that too. Can anyone enlighten us as to how that's possible?

Default Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bobroy1 View Post
    Yes, the TaiG tool did have the option to install iOS firmware. It is really just using iTunes but they have packaged it such that you can access it inside their tool. But you still need to download the ipsw file ahead of time.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Now if I could only get the download to stop canceling itself...are there any other mirrors? I keep getting downloads at 100kbps

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Accidentally Update to iOS 8.1.3? TaiG Jailbreak Updated for iOS 8.2 Beta 1 & 2
    Before Apple stopped signing iOS 8.1.2 when I tried downloading it would cancel itself out at 75%. I'm just going to wait patiently for the next jailbreak. I've already gotten used to using stock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Going to try when I get home. Managed to get the correct ipsw for my iPhone 5s. I'll let you know the results

EDIT: Restored to iOS 8.2 beta 2 with no issues. About to attempt jailbreak
    Do you have the a1533 or a1453 models that you could share the file with me to see if I did just get an incorrect file?

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Do you have the a1533 or a1453 models that you could share the file with me to see if I did just get an incorrect file?
    I have the global phone - model A1457 - I downloaded GSM firmware (iPhone 5s is actually numbered 6,1) as that's what I thought I had but they didn't work. Apparently the global phone is numbered 6,2. Happy to give you the file if you want!
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 2015-02-24 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks

I have the global phone - model A1457 - I downloaded GSM firmware (iPhone 5s is actually numbered 6,1) as that's what I thought I had but they didn't work. Apparently the global phone is numbered 6,2. Happy to give you the file if you want!
    If you had the iPhone 6,1 a1533 that would be great. That's the one I'm using currently. Thanks for the offer though if not.

If you had the iPhone 6,1 a1533 that would be great. That's the one I'm using currently. Thanks for the offer though if not.
    Afraid not. You're using the GSM & CDMA model as far as I can see so just make sure you get the correct ipsw. What error is it throwing up?

Thanks

Afraid not. You're using the GSM & CDMA model as far as I can see so just make sure you get the correct ipsw. What error is it throwing up?
    It tells me that the device is incompatible if I remember correctly. The file says it is the proper one however. Could it be the iTunes version I'm using?

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Do anyone have 8.2 beta 2 for 6+?

It tells me that the device is incompatible if I remember correctly. The file says it is the proper one however. Could it be the iTunes version I'm using?
    I'm using iTunes 11.4.0.18. So basically it's not even starting the restore? If that's the case maybe you have a corrupt IPSW or indeed the wrong one. Try downloading again if you can. Ensure its build 12D445d

Thanks

I'm using iTunes 11.4.0.18. So basically it's not even starting the restore? If that's the case maybe you have a corrupt IPSW or indeed the wrong one. Try downloading again if you can. Ensure its build 12D445d
    Yeah. Won't even begin it. I'm using iTunes 12.1.0.50 on my Mac so perhaps that is why. But the file says it is the proper build and device.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    Do anyone have 8.2 beta 2 for 6+?
    Afraid that I only have it for 5S. Google it and you'll find it.

Yeah. Won't even begin it. I'm using iTunes 12.1.0.50 on my Mac so perhaps that is why. But the file says it is the proper build and device.
    What OSX? I upgraded to iTunes 12 on my Mac (I do all the restoring on windows) and hated it. Downgraded again to 11 and it broke my installation of OS X Mavericks. Ended up having to reinstall. Have you access to a windows computer? Bootcamp?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-02-24)

Thanks

What OSX? I upgraded to iTunes 12 on my Mac (I do all the restoring on windows) and hated it. Downgraded again to 11 and it broke my installation of OS X Mavericks. Ended up having to reinstall. Have you access to a windows computer? Bootcamp?
    Accidentally hit thank instead of quote. I use the latest Mac update and I do have access to Windows 8.1 on my desktop.

Successfully installed the beta and I'm JB. Only tweak that doesn't work so far is BytaFont. It won't apply the font.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast