Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Offering New $90/Month Plan

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sprint Offering New $90/Month Plan

Just recently we reported that CEO of mobile carrier T-Mobile, John Legere, announced that they have surpassed Sprint in being the third largest carrier in the country. But Sprint has responded back by releasing a new aggressive shared data plan at a better value than carriers AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. The new promotion is a Family Share plan at $90 per month for a maximum of 10 lines and 12GB of data. It also includes unlimited text and talk, but the maximum 10 lines promo ends on March 31, 2016.

Other carriers have plans that are also tempting but arenít quite what Sprint is offering. Verizon and AT&T have free cloud storage along with unlimited texting to international users, meanwhile T-Mobile has unlimited international data and texting. These offerings are not something Sprint is giving their users. On Sprintís new plan, the fee users would normally pay on adding an extra device on the plan, will be reduced by T-Mobile. The normal fee of $25 will be reduced to just $15 and for those signing the 128GB plan, T-Mobile will waive the fee entirely. Accroding to Sprint,

For customers switching their number to Sprint from another carrier, Sprint is waiving the access charge for handsets, tablets and mobile broadband devices on 12GB or higher data allowances for up to 10 lines for one year. All devices must be purchased through Sprint Easy Pay or the Sprint iPhone for Life Plan. A family of four will save $720 in data access fees for the year.
    When do you think this feud between Sprint and T-Mobile will end? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Source: Sprint

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Sprint data sucks u get what u pay for

How much they charge for each added line?

Sprint's coverage is lousy in our state. T-Mobile is slightly better. Neither compare to Verizon or AT&T. Yet with an iPhone 6 and an unlimited data plan I'm paying slightly under $80 with TMO. I'll stick it out with them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Not going to switch to sprint...ever... But I like the competition!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    First part is true, I wish the second part was too: cos I have to pay 78 bucks a month which interferes with my ability to eat each month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Not going to switch to sprint...ever... But I like the competition!
    I never would have but for the fact that both ATT and Verislime were 150 bucks minimum when I was buying my 4S 2 years ago. And those were not even unlimited plans, they were 2gb plans. At least the Sprint plan was unlimited Data.

The plan is actually 69 bucks a month, but then there are 10 bucks worth of other charges, and another fee on top of that, which gets dropped 2 years after service starts- so I was paying 90 bucks a month until last June. Then it dropped down to 80. I have a AAA card now, which gives me another 7% discount, but that amounts to two dollars off basically.

All of the major land line carriers have Care Discount, which gives me a land line for 6 bucks. They are finally offering care for cell service, but you have to go through some crappy carriers that don't offer iPhones at all. That's not how it's supposed to work, the way Care works is by adding a discount to your power bill and your phone bill, there aren't supposed to be special carriers for it. But the cell service is brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Are you scrimping on data given you're missing letters and punctuation in your post?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-02-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post

Just recently we reported that CEO of mobile carrier T-Mobile, John Legere, announced that they have surpassed Sprint in being the third largest carrier in the country. But Sprint has responded back by releasing a new aggressive shared data plan at a better value than carriers AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. The new promotion is a Family Share plan at $90 per month for a maximum of 10 lines and 12GB of data. It also includes unlimited text and talk, but the maximum 10 lines promo ends on March 31, 2016.

Other carriers have plans that are also tempting but arenít quite what Sprint is offering. Verizon and AT&T have free cloud storage along with unlimited texting to international users, meanwhile T-Mobile has unlimited international data and texting. These offerings are not something Sprint is giving their users. On Sprintís new plan, the fee users would normally pay on adding an extra device on the plan, will be reduced by T-Mobile. The normal fee of $25 will be reduced to just $15 and for those signing the 128GB plan, T-Mobile will waive the fee entirely. Accroding to Sprint,

When do you think this feud between Sprint and T-Mobile will end? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Source: Sprint
    And I've said this before but cellular service seems like a complete rip off in the U.S. What are the pre-paid plans like?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont really get these US prices for mobile. Here in Denmark you have

Unlimited talk
    Free text and free MMS
    30 GB Data (4G)
    Spotify premium
    For about 30 $

And you only sign up for 1 month at a time, if you buy a mobile phone it is 6 month and you can
    take the price of the phone and put out over 24 month without any extra cost.

Seams very expensive in the US

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danniealves For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-02-23), docmagoo2 (2015-02-22), Kisanagi (2015-02-26)

Quote Originally Posted by danniealves View Post

Unlimited talk
    Free text and free MMS
    30 GB Data (4G)
    Spotify premium
    For about 30 $

And you only sign up for 1 month at a time, if you buy a mobile phone it is 6 month and you can

My point exactly. In the UK I'm on a £20 plan 1 month contract, equates to approx $30 for which I get unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 3GB of 4G data, although I pay for international and MMS. US carriers seem to suck for value

What's Jailbreak? Karlanthonyuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm also in the uk, I have an iPhone 6 128gb with unlimited calls, unlimited text, 20gb of 4g data to burn through and if that wasn't it, I also get free Spotify premium, free Netflix with 2 hd screens and free BT wifi for under £50 a month on Vodaphone. I can't understand why the USA plans are so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlanthonyuk View Post
    I'm also in the uk, I have an iPhone 6 128gb with unlimited calls, unlimited text, 20gb of 4g data to burn through and if that wasn't it, I also get free Spotify premium, free Netflix with 2 hd screens and free BT wifi for under £50 a month on Vodaphone. I can't understand why the USA plans are so expensive?
    We have quite a few pay as you go services here in the U.S. that only cost $30-$35 a month, but like yours you only usually get 4G speeds, which is enough for some people. You get some data, unlimited messaging, unlimited calls, and you can pay extra for a nicer phone. The cell service isn't always that great and the data speeds fluctuate is what I've been told.

Honestly though I have a family plan with AT&T which includes LTE, hot spotting, around 50GB of shared data (thanks to AT&T's new rollover plan), unlimited text and talk, and obviously free BT and Wifi, there's 7 of us on the plan and we each pay about $35 a month which is a pretty good deal! And in our location we get really good cell service and consistent LTE speeds.

It still sounds like you have some great plans over there though, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfzio View Post
    Sprint's coverage is lousy in our state. T-Mobile is slightly better. Neither compare to Verizon or AT&T. Yet with an iPhone 6 and an unlimited data plan I'm paying slightly under $80 with TMO. I'll stick it out with them.
    I'm stuck with sprint until next year, my phone is always on extended, I only get 3G (2 bars of signal) unless I travel one town away.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    We have quite a few pay as you go services here in the U.S. that only cost $30-$35 a month, but like yours you only usually get 4G speeds, which is enough for some people. You get some data, unlimited messaging, unlimited calls, and you can pay extra for a nicer phone. The cell service isn't always that great and the data speeds fluctuate is what I've been told.

Honestly though I have a family plan with AT&T which includes LTE, hot spotting, around 50GB of shared data (thanks to AT&T's new rollover plan), unlimited text and talk, and obviously free BT and Wifi, there's 7 of us on the plan and we each pay about $35 a month which is a pretty good deal! And in our location we get really good cell service and consistent LTE speeds.

It still sounds like you have some great plans over there though, that's awesome!
    4G and LTE are the same thing in the UK. My 4G is faster than my wifi which pisses me off no end

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Are you scrimping on data given you're missing letters and punctuation in your post?
    Every little 'bit' counts

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    4G and LTE are the same thing in the UK. My 4G is faster than my wifi which pisses me off no end
    I did not know that, interesting! So can you hotspot with your data for free or does it cost extra?

Dear sprint:
    Yes you suck!
    I get about 2 signals bars plus 3g lol! In chelsea ma.. Everywhere else is ok .. But not here. Calls gets drop too easy. Anyways dont go for sprint is bad in cities by like important city i guess is good but when u spent most of the time at work or home like i do **** is bad lol!
    March 6 is the last day for you sprint

Thanks

Sprint sucks...I always got my text messages a day late and missed phone calls that never came through to my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by danniealves View Post

Unlimited talk
    Free text and free MMS
    30 GB Data (4G)
    Spotify premium
    For about 30 $

Part of this is because the US is 2243 times larger in area than Denmark, so way more towers are needed. The other part of it is because they can get away with charging that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast