Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'StatusbarWeather8' Displays the Outside Temperature in the Status Bar

Default 'StatusbarWeather8' Displays the Outside Temperature in the Status Bar

StatusbarWeather8 is a new free jailbreak tweak for iOS 8 by iOS developer whynot that can display the temperature outside in your Status Bar next to the time, as shown above.

By installing it, the tweak uses your current location to display the current temperature. You can configure how often the tweak uses your location to re-check for weather information (frequently or non-frequently) so that you can control the battery usage that the tweak will use.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can set the tweak up for your liking:

Here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, choose the weather update interval that you want to use for updating the weather information, and you can also choose to either have the temperature show near the clock, or in place of the carrier name/logo instead. A respring button is included so that you can save your changes.

Notably, the icon that displays the weather conditions outside wasn't showing up for us next to the temperature as it was supposed to, so part of the tweak's functionality seems a bit buggy from the get-go. The developer notes in the Cydia description that you can modify the weather icon set by navigating to /Library/Application Support/StatusWeather/WeatherIcon/, although until this functionality has been fixed it may or may not work for you depending on your application, so keep this in mind.

If you want to try out StatusbarWeather8, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 8 is required to install the tweak. Although the icon didn't work for us, it was a nice way to get the outside temperature in our Status Bar.

Name: StatusbarWeather8
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: whynot
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

Ive been using statusforecast on my 6+. Love all these tweaks lately!

Thanks

not working on my 6+ 8.1.1 fyi wont enable

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've been waiting for this tweak to hit iOS 8 as it was one of my fav's in the past, but it won't update for the correct weather. Keeps telling me it's 78 and sunny when it's actually 54 and cloudy. It does bounce to the correct reading at times depending on what app is launched, which is just weird.

My stock weather app doesn't have a city set, but I've tried setting a location and it makes no difference. Bounces back and forth though, but mostly stays on the 78 degrees. All day, 78.

Hope this is resolved as I want to keep this tweak bad.

Had same problem now using statusforecast miss color icons

Thanks

Why don't they allow you to just key in a location? I'd rather do that then have one more thing pinging my location.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavisMedia For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-02-22), tlc1217 (2015-02-22)

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

So this lead me to 'statusforcast' but configuring it seems to be near impossible?

My temperature changed once to match the actual temp. It does keep reverting back to 78 degrees.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    My temperature changed once to match the actual temp. It does keep reverting back to 78 degrees.
    I'm hoping he resolves. It's up to 80 now. I wish I was wherever it's pulling from.

Thanks

From the Dev:

"Set up city manually in weather app, and turn off location service for weather app"

Seems to be working, though I want to be able to see what it is in my current location automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    From the Dev:

"Set up city manually in weather app, and turn off location service for weather app"

Seems to be working, though I want to be able to see what it is in my current location automatically.
    This seems to be this developer's MO... he gave me the EXACT same response for one of his other tweaks - LSWeather - that had the exact same issue
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Uninstalled. Wouldn't update weather. Been really looking for something like this. Noticed a lag time for displaying on lockscreen if it even did at times.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    So this lead me to 'statusforcast' but configuring it seems to be near impossible?
    Config the tweak, "status forecast": on my 6+
    Google your WOEID. turn off from weather app
    Time Format: MM/dd hh:mm EEE
    Weather format: FH DEG ^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    This seems to be this developer's MO... he gave me the EXACT same response for one of his other tweaks - LSWeather - that had the exact same issue
    Wish someone would grab it and code it to update automatically. Wonder how hard that would be?

New update seems alittle better but still issues. Need carrier replacement back or does not play well with date in status bar tweak. Plus settings menu is blocked by advertisement.

New update seems alittle better but still issues. Need carrier replacement back or does not play well with date in status bar tweak. Plus settings menu is blocked by advertisement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    I don't see any advertisement in settings. Can you post a screenshot?

I have the date in status bar and have no issues there either. (iPhone 6)

What update??? It's not in cydia yet
    GOD is good all the time

Thanks

Default 'StatusbarWeather8' Displays the Outside Temperature in the Status Bar
    This is such a hack tweak.

It works most of the time, but it depends on what app you're in.

If I launch messages, the temp changes to a different location.

Launch mail and you get a totally different read.

Close out and back to local.

Dev, please help resolve.

It seems to work for me when I turned location to "Never" under the Privacy settings for the stock Weather app..... iPhone 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast