Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IFTTT Refreshes its Flagship App and Launches a Slew of New Apps to Increase Workflows

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IFTTT Refreshes its Flagship App and Launches a Slew of New Apps to Increase Workflows

The mashup Internet service, IFTTT recently announced the first three in a new series of “Do” apps, Do Button, Do Camera and Do Note. The three apps are designed to help users crew quick on-demand workflows. Those of you who are really into min-maxing your time and efforts should definitely consider looking into the apps and more specifically setting up the time to understand and configure them to work as intended.

The Do Button app ties IFTTT recipes to a simple virtual button. Users can tap the button to immediately perform the selected action such as setting their Nest thermostat to 70 degrees or turning Philips Hue lights on or off. This app can help define up to three buttons along with an included “Today” widget that allows quick access from the iOS Notification Center to those who prefer to have it.

The Do Camera app works in a very similar way with the addition of adding the ability to capture images. Users can configure a Do Camera recipe to immediately post a captured photo to Evernote for example, documenting receipts or alternatively a new quick way to draft new Tumblr posts.

Much like the other two apps, Do Note is the third app that employs a similar mechanism but more specifically for text related work. IFTTT imagines users sending new tweets in a single step or quickly creating entries on their calendar based on a series of triggers etc.

Along with releasing the series of apps, IFTTT also updated its flagship app with an all-new redesign and a new name that is now simply known as IF. Those of you interested in downloading IF can download version 2.3.1 of the app that is available for free in the App Store. The other apps, Do Button, Do Camera and Do Note can be downloaded as well.

Source: iTunes (IF) (Do Button) (Do Camera) (Do Note)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Neat! I like IFTTT a lot, but I think I've only scratched the surface of what it can do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know the difference between IFTTT and Workflow?