Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 8.3 Will Reportedly Include Enhancements to the Sound of Siri's Speaking Fluency

  1. #1
    Default iOS 8.3 Will Reportedly Include Enhancements to the Sound of Siri's Speaking Fluency


    Siri is one of the highlights of the iOS operating system, allowing the user to perform tasks and ask questions with their voice and receive answers. Over the years, iOS has seen many improvements to Siri, not only audibly, but also aesthetically.

    A new report shared first by 9to5Mac illuminates Apple's intentions to further improve the speaking fluency of Siri in iOS 8.3, which is a major update for iOS 8 coming later this year. The report shares the following before/after comparison video, where the first instance of Siri speaking is what Siri sounds like on iOS 8.1.1, while the second instance of Siri speaking is what Siri sounds like on iOS 8.3:



    Listening carefully, you can hear just how much better Siri is speaking to the user in the second instance of the voice assistant speaking on the iOS 8.3 operating system; especially with the word, "America." Siri appears to be more capable of completing sentences without sounding like she has more to say before abruptly stopping. Siri is also expected to stutter less with this release, which will be a great improvement for users.

    This wouldn't be the first time Siri has received speaking lessons in fact, Apple does this quite frequently with iOS updates under the hood in a way that users won't even know the improvements are happening.

    With a more fluent Siri voice assistant, we believe users will feel more into their conversations with the voice assistant in the future.

    Sources: 9to5Mac

  2. #2
    Nah I'll stick to Google Now on iOS.

  3. #3
    It does sound better. Seems like something they could easily patch in, but they never miss an opportunity to kill our jailbreak

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

    Jokadaking (2015-02-19), lostinthemes (2015-02-19), novadam (2015-02-19)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by eprisencc View Post
    Nah I'll stick to Google Now on iOS.
    Is Google Now gonna send your iMessages, change your settings, search the App Store, or set timers/reminders for you?
    Last edited by h2a; 2015-02-18 at 10:43 PM. Reason: typo

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

    aceestes (2015-02-19), Jokadaking (2015-02-19), mlee19841 (2015-02-19), TDH Advocate (2015-02-19)

  7. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    when is JARVIS coming to iOS?

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdmitruk For This Useful Post:

    Atom2215 (2015-02-21), miketurbo123 (2015-02-18), TDH Advocate (2015-02-19)

  9. #6
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Coopersville, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts


    + 1 for JARVIS

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ggrassmid For This Useful Post:

    miketurbo123 (2015-02-18)

  11. #7
    Default iOS 8.3 Will Reportedly Include Enhancements to the Sound of Siri's Speaking ...
    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    Is Google Now gonna send your iMessages, change your settings, search the App Store, or set timers/reminders for you?
    Well it can set Google reminders and create Google Calendar appointments in your calendar using Google now. However, there are some features that Apple is not going to allow a third party app to do. I do think that Google Now will eventually be able to do more once google strengthens the interoperability between its apps. So while Google Now will never be able to send an iMessage it may someday be able to send a message via Google Hangouts.

    I love my apple devices but I also love my Google software. I avoid apple software at all costs because they prioritize locking you in as oppose to letting you use their software on other platforms. Not to mention when you compare Apple and Google software, google usually wins.

    * Google Now is better than Siri. Voice recognition is better and the voice sounds like a real lady.
    * Google Inbox and Gmail is better than Apple mail. Apple mail has the advantage of being able to send video. Inbox and Gmail has labels and able to automatically prioritize messages.
    * Google Hangouts is better than iMessage, FaceTime video and audio. iMessage does have the advantage of being able to send video and audio. However, hangouts has Google voice. You get a real phone number and you can send SMS and mms without your carrier.
    * Google maps destroys Apple maps.
    * No comparable app for YouTube.
    * Google Drive is better than iCloud. You do not use storage space when you create a Google file. It's platform agnostic.
    * Google play music is better than iTunes Match. Google play allows you to upload 20,000 songs for free and you can stream all your music not just stream as you download with iTunes Match. Apple may be able to match these features with its acquisition of beats music but it has not yet.
    * Chrome is better than safari. You can sync everything via your desktop (Windows or Mac), idevice, and android device. Safari is Mac and iOS only. One disadvantage for chrome is that they are still not using the faster WKwebview so Safari is still faster than chrome on iOS.
    * Chromecast is better than AirPlay. I can chromecast via iOS and Android. AirPlay is strictly an iOS affair.

    And the list goes on. I'm excited about Google Calendar coming to iOS and I hope they develop a contacts app for iOS too. Before you say I should just get an Android phone, know that I already have one, a Nexus 6. I rarely use it because the iPhone is so much smoother. However, I still prefer Google apps on iOS because as I pointed out previously, they are better than their Apple counterparts.
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2015-02-18 at 11:33 PM.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

    DQEight (2015-02-19), miketurbo123 (2015-02-19), sheltons.iphone (2015-02-19)

  13. #8
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Yeah, there's definitely an improvement, but like, why did so many companies use this woman with one of the weirdest voices I've ever heard as a base for their text to speech software? The Google Now voice is definitely a lot better.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

    eprisencc (2015-02-19)

  15. #9
    &eprisencc

    Sounds like you would be happier with an Android phone. Not really sure why you have an iPhone if google is so much better.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    fredHD (2015-02-19)

  17. #10
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Default iOS 8.3 Will Reportedly Include Enhancements to the Sound of Siri's Speaking ...
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    &eprisencc

    Sounds like you would be happier with an Android phone. Not really sure why you have an iPhone if google is so much better.
    Yeah, I kind of wonder why if Google software is always better than Apple why iOS vs. Android went almost unmentioned.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2015-02-19)

  19. #11
    Default iOS 8.3 Will Reportedly Include Enhancements to the Sound of Siri's Speaking ...
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    &eprisencc

    Sounds like you would be happier with an Android phone. Not really sure why you have an iPhone if google is so much better.
    I already answered that. I like Apple's hardware and their OS. Much smoother than Android, however, apps is a different story. Google is the king of the roost when it comes to great looking, great running, platform agnostic apps.
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2015-02-19 at 08:33 AM.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

    sheltons.iphone (2015-02-19), Zokunei (2015-02-19)

  21. #12
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    That's one reason I really like a lot of Google stuff. When I had to use Android for a while, no iCloud Mail. My gmail, however, works flawlessly on iOS.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    eprisencc (2015-02-19), sheltons.iphone (2015-02-19)

  23. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by eprisencc View Post

    I avoid apple software at all costs because they prioritize locking you in as oppose to letting you use their software on other platforms.

    but you're okay with Google prioritizing making you their product for advertisers?

    * Google Now is better than Siri. Voice recognition is better and the voice sounds like a real lady.
    i use the male voice anyways but yes, google female voice is a lot better

    * Google Inbox and Gmail is better than Apple mail. Apple mail has the advantage of being able to send video. Inbox and Gmail has labels and able to automatically prioritize messages.
    can't comment as i honestly don't spend that much energy on email
    * Google Hangouts is better than iMessage, FaceTime video and audio. iMessage does have the advantage of being able to send video and audio. However, hangouts has Google voice. You get a real phone number and you can send SMS and mms without your carrier.
    Can you elaborate on why sending MMS/SMS without my carrier is an advantage? Is this a problem for people?
    * Google maps destroys Apple maps.
    Google maps for point-of-interest searches, sure. For addresses/navigation, I can't say my experience has varied between the two all that much.
    * No comparable app for YouTube.
    * Google Drive is better than iCloud. You do not use storage space when you create a Google file. It's platform agnostic.
    gdrive might be platform agnostic, but i'm not, so iCloud trumps it with iWork alone.
    * Google play music is better than iTunes Match. Google play allows you to upload 20,000 songs for free and you can stream all your music not just stream as you download with iTunes Match. Apple may be able to match these features with its acquisition of beats music but it has not yet.
    what do you mean by 'stream as you download'?
    * Chrome is better than safari.
    except for being a lot uglier and slower
    You can sync everything via your desktop (Windows or Mac), idevice, and android device. Safari is Mac and iOS only. not seeing the advantage here if you don't have an Android device. iCloud can sync to Windows browsers besides safari.
    One disadvantage for chrome is that they are still not using the faster WKwebview so Safari is still faster than chrome on iOS.
    * Chromecast is better than AirPlay. I can chromecast via iOS and Android. AirPlay is strictly an iOS affair.
    Yeah but you can't cast EVERYTHING.

    And the list goes on.
    thank god it didnt

    I'm excited about Google Calendar coming to iOS and I hope they develop a contacts app for iOS too. Before you say I should just get an Android phone, know that I already have one, a Nexus 6. I rarely use it because the iPhone is so much smoother. However, I still prefer Google apps on iOS because as I pointed out previously, they are better than their Apple counterparts.
    see replies in red.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2015-02-19)

  25. #14
    Even if Apple continues to improve thund of Siri, Microsoft will continue to use the sound of the original outate Siri in their commercialsto mak it sound falsely worse while haivng a voice anctress do the Cortana lines so t falsely sounds much better than the actual Cortana product.

    MS wuld have you believe Cortana is so much better functionaly, but if they go through s much trouble to fake the differences in ther sound?

  26. #15
    Super Moderator Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 945 Times in 709 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Even if Apple continues to improve thund of Siri, Microsoft will continue to use the sound of the original outate Siri in their commercialsto mak it sound falsely worse while haivng a voice anctress do the Cortana lines so t falsely sounds much better than the actual Cortana product.

    MS wuld have you believe Cortana is so much better functionaly, but if they go through s much trouble to fake the differences in ther sound?
    Not to mention how they say you can't do stuff with Siri that everyone knows you can do.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •