Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NBC Releases Live Streaming and Full Episodes Feature on iOS App

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default NBC Releases Live Streaming and Full Episodes Feature on iOS App

Just like ABC, NBC has recently released an update to its app to provide streaming service on iOS platforms. This means that in version 3.0 of the app, live streaming of NBC content will be made available on Apple’s iPhone and iPad devices. However, this offering will only be for those on specific cable services, which will require subscription to a satellite partner or cable.

In version 3.0 not only will the updated app offer live streaming service, but it will also offer in-app television shows for streaming. Full episodes of Miami Vice, Knight Rider, The A-Team, and many others will be available to the general public to enjoy. No login or cable/satellite subscription service is required to access full episodes of the shows, which can be viewed directly in the app.

The NBC app is 20.3 MB and can be downloaded for free in the App Store. Take a look at the official release notes:

What’s New in Version 3.0

* Live video stream of NBC programming available for cable/satellite subscribers in select markets.
    * Expanded full-episode library of classic NBC shows available, including The A-Team, Miami Vice, Kojak, Battlestar Galactica, The Incredible Hulk, Knight Rider and more!
    Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Sick of this "cable/satellite"

I'm confused. If you have cable, why do you need this app?? You can either just watch it onyour TV or through the cable app itself.

Typicaly content provider BS: doing everything bass ackwards. I don't watch network TV live because I don't have cable and don't have a good antenna. If they made it available on their app I would watch more of their shows, and thus, more of their ads!

Why is that so difficult for these millionaire morons to understand???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I'm confused. If you have cable, why do you need this app?? You can either just watch it onyour TV or through the cable app itself.

Typicaly content provider BS: doing everything bass ackwards. I don't watch network TV live because I don't have cable and don't have a good antenna. If they made it available on their app I would watch more of their shows, and thus, more of their ads!

Why is that so difficult for these millionaire morons to understand???
    Convenience of being able to watch sports & live events when out & about. NBC is likely to be the last network to sign onto like Sling TV or the coming HBO streaming subscriptions due to being owned subsidiary of Comcast now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robmille View Post
    Convenience of being able to watch sports & live events when out & about. NBC is likely to be the last network to sign onto like Sling TV or the coming HBO streaming subscriptions due to being owned subsidiary of Comcast now.
    Still doesn't make sense thaat they tie the live streaming to cable subscriptions when they are an OTA content provider. I still have to sit through the same commercials. I know streaming has more infrastructure cost than OTA, but it also gets them more eyeballs on their ads. Even better, they can use more targeted advertising than OTA, which should be more valuable.