Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Wozniak Shares His Opinion about the Upcoming Apple Watch

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Steve Wozniak Shares His Opinion about the Upcoming Apple Watch

In the past, Steve Wozniak was skeptical about the news of the Apple Watch, even going as far as dismissing it as a “luxury fitness band,” stating that he had gotten “real negative on smartwatches.” All of this thoughts and opinions seemed to have changed over the past few months though. In a recent interview with BBC, Wozniak touches upon various topics including his thoughts on the Apple Watch. He acknowledged the following regarding the matter:

I’ve had bad experience with smartwatches so farThe thing is, Apple makes products more fun than anyone else. If you look at the display it’s almost like a little piece of art … It’s going to be so special. Everyone’s going to notice it, just like you do nowadays when you walk around — ‘You’ve got an iPhone, you’ve got an iPhone, you’ve got an iPhone.’ A lot of people, especially in hip [campus] areas, they’re going to be saying, ‘You’ve got the right watch, you’ve got the same watch as me.' Apple has this thing. They’ve made so many good products that everyone who owns Apple products will buy [the Apple Watch] and that means millions of people will buy this watch from the start. That helps get a critical mass going.
    Woz continued by showing his current watch made of vacuum tubes which haven’t been made for 45 years. He joked around by stating that “This is not the Apple Watch.” He continued by discussing various use cases of the upcoming Apple device. He claimed that many younger people don’t wear watches because it’s just “in the way for them” whereas people of the older generation still wear them because they are used to them. He claims if the device has a good enough use, the younger generation will begin to wear them as well. The example he provided was regarding mobile health stating hat if the device measures blood sugars all day long, with the number of people who have diabetes, the niche market alone could help the device be a success.

He continued by speculating that he wishes Apple would work on Siri for better voice recognition and shared his thoughts on Seth Rogen playing him in the upcoming Steve Jobs movie. The interview he had was brief but worth the watch for any of you who are interested in Woz or the topic itself. If you want to watch it, hit the source link below!

What do you think of Woz’s opinion?

Source: BBC

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What do I think of Woz’s opinion…..?
    They’ve made so many good products that everyone who owns Apple products will buy [the Apple Watch] and that means millions of people will buy this watch from the start.
    Except I won’t be. I’ve spent more money than their average user over the years, (PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, Mac Pro 1.1, Mac Pro 5.1, 23” ACD, 30” ACD amongst many other things), but I’ll pass on this and get a real watch if I get one at all.
    I’m not interested in charging this thing everyday and don’t want to have to worry if I go swimming. What really grates though is that Apple have a habit of purposely making things obsolete prematurely, and going out of their way to be NOT user serviceable. I actually think I’m slowly moving away from them.

So on that basis I think his opinion is trash.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

alanjf (2015-02-18), buggsy2 (2015-02-17), oldskoolsk8r (2015-02-17), sheltons.iphone (2015-02-19), talkin73 (2015-02-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    They’ve made so many good products that everyone who owns Apple products will buy [the Apple Watch] and that means millions of people will buy this watch from the start.
    Except I won’t be. I’ve spent more money than their average user over the years, (PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, Mac Pro 1.1, Mac Pro 5.1, 23” ACD, 30” ACD amongst many other things), but I’ll pass on this and get a real watch if I get one at all.
    I’m not interested in charging this thing everyday and don’t want to have to worry if I go swimming. What really grates though is that Apple have a habit of purposely making things obsolete prematurely, and going out of their way to be NOT user serviceable. I actually think I’m slowly moving away from them.

Cool, no one cares about your opinion.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pedwily For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-02-17), docmagoo2 (2015-02-17), Inked_xx (2015-02-19), kelvin__ (2015-02-17)

The writer SPECIFICALLY asks for opinions.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2015-02-18 at 12:19 AM.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-02-17), charliebordelon84 (2015-02-17), kelvin__ (2015-02-17), oldskoolsk8r (2015-02-17), Rcworship (2015-02-18), sheltons.iphone (2015-02-19)

Where is your opinion as opposed to the drivel you have just posted?

Quote Originally Posted by pedwily View Post
    Cool, no one cares about your opinion.
    This made me laugh. You've evidently p**sed the previous poster off.

I do agree that a watch you have to charge daily won't have much of an appeal for me, but I said that about iPhones and what am I posting this on? Yup, an iPhone. But Woz is correct to say it'll likely sell in droves, when was the last apple product that didn't? But planning to stick with my G-shock for every day use and my Tag Heuer for special use. One point I may make, even "dumb" watches are not particularly serviceable by the end user without special tools...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-02-17)

Charging times will depend on how much you use the thing - actual USE, not standby time. A smart watch is not going to have the battery life of a traditional watch, so get that out of your mind. Just as smartphones pale in comparison to the dumbphones from a decade ago (or even current ones) in the same area. Having to charge it nightly kind of makes the idea of sleep/blood monitoring useless, but we'll see. I think the notion of 10 hours was based on constant use/interaction.

I agree that the Sport Edition at least should be waterproof.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2015-02-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll give it a go. Most people mention battery life. Well I charge my phone every night wether it's at 50% or 10% why can't I with my watch? I mean do you sleep wearing your normal watch? Probably no, so why not have it on you bedside table charging and wear it in the morning. But anyway that's my opinion I'll be getting 2.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fredHD For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-02-17), Dphillipds (2015-02-17), purpose1814 (2015-02-17), Sage I (2015-02-17), se23 (2015-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by fredHD View Post
    I'll give it a go. Most people mention battery life. Well I charge my phone every night wether it's at 50% or 10% why can't I with my watch? I mean do you sleep wearing your normal watch? Probably no, so why not have it on you bedside table charging and wear it in the morning. But anyway that's my opinion I'll be getting 2.
    Thank you!!!! I thought I was the only one thinking this smh. Like what's wrong with letting the watch charge while you sleep???? Some ppl just can't be satisfied. If you wanna wait till the battery life gets better. Shut up and do that end of story. I got the iPhone 4(and jailbroke it for a couple yrs, then stopped jB'ing) when it came out then waited to get the iPhone 6 when it came out only had two iPhones ever but I appreciate apple products.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dphillipds For This Useful Post:

fredHD (2015-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    This made me laugh. You've evidently p**sed the previous poster off.
    Nope - not really, the forum software filtered out the word 'Dee Oh you See aitch eee’.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambi_Valence For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-02-17)

Thanks

I have been leery of the "smart watch" market since it started. Most of these so called Smart Watches are just fitness trackers. Nothing wrong with fitness tracking but that is not a smart watch. I think Woz hit the nail on the head when he related "Apple makes products more fun than anyone else." I want to see what it can do before i get my hopes up but i am definitely keeping an open mind here.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2015-02-17), se23 (2015-02-17)

Nope - not really, the forum software filtered out the word 'Dee Oh you See aitch eee’.
    Very clever!! Kudos

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

"What do you think of Woz’s opinion?" I think Woz hasn't had a good idea in decades. He'd be nothing without Jobs. But Jobs would have found another hobbyist without Woz.

It's really not that serious, it's just a watch. Like fredHD said, how many of you really go to bed with your watch still on? 9 times out of 10 no one, so then what's the issue with charging it every night? It'll just be another expensive watch---just with more functionality. But make sure your priorities are straight before your purchase. Some people are just too impulsive and will buy things just to be "hip". I'm not pressed to buy it, but we'll see.

Thanks

The Apple Watch is very nicely done, but still pricey for the cheaper editions (and let's face it: the gold one doesn't look like a Rolex), and ultimately not that useful anyway. IMO you can't really make the watch worth it no matter how many phone features you manage to stuff into the smaller screen, or how many quirky features you can get out of the pulse monitor. As long as you have the phone that is required for the watch to even operate you're not really missing anything. I'm sure it will be fun to use for the people who really want one though.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 2015-02-17 at 06:18 PM.

I was looking at the apple watch and reading tons of comments about so much hate and saying the Moto 360 is better and Samsung gear is better and ui is better. And I don't hate either so I decided to do a bunch of research on those as well and after a while I've come to the conclusion I'm still gonna wait for apples watch.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-02-17)

i've worn nothing on my wrist for the last 8 years as i didn't see a point/need anymore for the time on me wrist. it was only when the fitbit took my interest because of a renewed interest in fitness that i've begun wearing something again. really looking forward to iWatch as it could potentially replace my fitbit

My pebble rocks (pun intended) can't wait for apple watch

I hope it has the blood sugar monitor. That would be so cool. Maybe insurance will pay for part of the cost?

Stop using cell phones, you have to charge them every night. Worthless right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast