Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BerryC8' is a Very Cool New Lock Screen App Launcher Tweak for iOS 8

Default 'BerryC8' is a Very Cool New Lock Screen App Launcher Tweak for iOS 8

BerryC8 is a brand-new application launcher jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Max Katzmann that has just hit the Cydia store for free.

This tweak lets you add up to eight application shortcuts to your Lock Screen, although only four of them will be visible at one time. If you add more than four Lock Screen shortcuts, you'll have to swipe through the application list, which is shown above, to scroll over to your additional application shortcuts.

When you want to launch an application that appears in the application shortcuts list, all you have to do is tap and drag the application icon over to the bottom of the display. When you do this, you'll see what appears to be one of the wavelengths from Siri, and when you let go of the application icon, a green bounding box will surround the application icon before the application is finally launched, as shown above.

If you have a passcode, you will be asked to enter your passcode before the application is launched, so this is something to keep in mind.

BerryC8 adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak's options to your liking:

Your options include:

• Enabling or disabling the tweak on demand
    • Respringing to save your changes
    • Selecting the applications that you want to set up shortcuts for
    • Enable or disable "auto-unlock" for when applications are dragged to the unlock region
    • Hiding or showing application icon badges on the Lock Screen
    • Configuring application icon opacity on the Lock Screen

If you're interested in giving BerryC8 a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak is reported to work on iOS 7 and iOS 8, although we've only had the luxury of being able to test it on iOS 8 for sure.

Name: BerryC8
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0?-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Max Katzmann
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Works as advertised on my 6, 6+, and iPad Air 2... I'm hoping the developer comes up with alternative views/locations for the icons... maybe something more along the lines of the original JellyLock (which this is replacing for TouchID devices), or new altogether.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

I rather have an updated jellylock. I don't want to see a bunch of icons at the bottom of the LS. Jelly lock was a lot nicer in my opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

jery911 (2015-02-16)

Any brave soul can tell me if it works alongside GrabberApp8?

Edit: it does!
    Last edited by DQEight; 2015-02-14 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks

Wonder if it has been tested with Forecast?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it works as describe, but it sure is fugly.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2015-02-16)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ugly as hell

Digging this app! Works great on my 5

I didn't really notice a change when 'Auto Unlock' was enabled, though. Does this truly only affect people with passcodes and/or touch ID?

Quote Originally Posted by rylen1031 View Post
    Wonder if it has been tested with Forecast?
    Works, but overlaps if you have it in the lower corner, or forecast page on and more than 4 apps set.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

rylen1031 (2015-02-15)

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I rather have an updated jellylock. I don't want to see a bunch of icons at the bottom of the LS. Jelly lock was a lot nicer in my opinion.
    Apparently he gave another developer (angelxwind) permission to update JL for iOS 8. She hasn't started on it yet, but it's coming.

Thanks

When using IntelliScreenX, Jelly lock takes to much space on the lock Screen, BerryC8 is absolutely perfect when it comes to that point, also the way it uses the fingerprint sensor is brilliant, I only wish that there was an option for more then 8 Apps for quick lunch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This tweak is honestly amazing when my touch ID actually wants to freaking work. Touch ID is extremely broken on my 5s and has been since day 1. After about a week I have to delete my finger print and hope that it wants to read them when I try to input them again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Apparently he gave another developer (angelxwind) permission to update JL for iOS 8. She hasn't started on it yet, but it's coming.
    She has started as of later in the day yesterday. Judhing by the screenshot she has it at least loading on iOS 8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post

Not only that, we were PROMISED a jellylock update. This is more like LocklaunchApp 8 which i already have and is much easier to use than this.

Depiction of nude raunchy babes is the next ting must be done

Thanks

Thanks for the upgrade which lets us use up to 12 icons!!!
    The only problem I see is that on my iPhone 6 with the Touch ID this tweak works perfectly but on my iPad Air it still wants my passcode even with the auto unlock switch turned on, this bug needs to be fixed.
    It should work like the lock screen camera ( you can use it but when you close it with the home button the device locks up. ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk