Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'GrabberApp8' Gives You Dual Customizable App Grabbers on the iOS 8 Lock Screen

Default 'GrabberApp8' Gives You Dual Customizable App Grabbers on the iOS 8 Lock Screen

Typically, your iOS 8 Lock Screen has only a Camera grabber, and it's a shortcut to get to the Camera application when you want to take a photo in a pinch.

While it makes a great shortcut for taking photographs quickly, others don't use the Camera as often and would rather use the grabber or another application. Better yet, how about having two grabbers, for two separate applications? - That's the idea behind a new free jailbreak tweak called GrabberApp8 by iOS developer Osama Muhammed.

The tweak puts tow separate grabbers on your Lock Screen, as shown above. You can enable or disable either or them, or both of them, on demand. You can also configure what application is assigned to each of the grabbers. All of this is done from the new preferences pane that is added to the Settings application after installing the tweak:

One thing worth noting is that while the grabber on the left side actually matches the application you choose to assign it to, the grabber on the right side always looks like the Camera grabber no matter what application you assign it to. Hopefully this is something the developer can change in a future version.

If you're interested in giving GrabberApp8 a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed.

Name: GrabberApp8
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-8
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Osama Muhammed
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

I'm liking this so far. Thanks for showing me this!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks pretty great! Do have one question though. What happens when you're at a place with iBeacons that place the app logo there?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Guess since we are never going to have auki or bitesms this is the next big thing. Cant wait to try it tho.

So this didn't work for me. I saw it visually on the lock screen but when sliding up just prompted for pw and then to home screen. The crashed my device.

Hmm...I'll give this a try. I need a quicker way to reply to skype because the lock screen notification reply button don't work on my phone for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    So this didn't work for me. I saw it visually on the lock screen but when sliding up just prompted for pw and then to home screen. The crashed my device.
    Did you respring after you set your changes?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

mlee19841 (2015-02-14)

Do still requires passcode authentication regardless? Kinda defeats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    Same here but no crash. For me it was an incompatibility with SubtleLock. With both installed neither works. Uninstall grabber8 and subtle lock works again.