Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Plus Users Reportedly Use Twice the Data of iPhone 6 Users in a Month

Default iPhone 6 Plus Users Reportedly Use Twice the Data of iPhone 6 Users in a Month

A new report from Citrix reveals that iPhone 6 Plus users are blowing through double the amount of data on a monthly basis that iPhone 6 users are, but not for the reasons that you might think.

Although the larger retina HD display means that users are downloading larger-sized @3x graphics and content from the App Store and other various sources, Citrix notes that the reasoning behind the double data usage is more likely to be linked to user behavior on the device, such as gaming and video streaming, which users are more likely to do on a device with a larger display because of the tablet-style data consumption experience:

Quote Originally Posted by Citrix
    iPhone 6 Plus subscribers generate the most data volume, double that of an iPhone 6. This increase impacts subscribers when choosing a new device -- be careful to select a data plan that matches your super-sized screen.

Clearly the phablet sized iPhone 6 Plus shows data usage patterns more akin to tablet usage. For mobile operators, this increase provides an opportunity to shift subscriber Wi-Fi usage towards mobile networks.
    Users of the iPhone 6 Plus also go through about four times the data of iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5 users, and more than ten times that of iPhone 3GS users, just to put things into perspective.

Sources: Citrix

That makes sense, I guess. Who other than a power-user would buy such a device?

Someone who wants a bigger screen so it is easier to use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

novadam (2015-02-12)

Thanks

I wonder what's up with the disparity between 6 and 5s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Probably the same thing. The 5S is much smaller than the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    That makes sense, I guess. Who other than a power-user would buy such a device?
    get back to me when you're old with crappy eyes.

Well this is very interesting to say the least. Good thing i got unlimited data. I'd be screwed if i had Verizon or T-Mobile. Or any other carrier who doesn't have unlimited data.

On a different note, they say the same thing about small guys in BIG trucks. Their making up for something, somewhere... Which leads me to tech-savy guys, who need a HUGE phone. Are they making up for something?? Like me, im not a tech-savy guy by any means. When people look at me im sure they think to themselves," look at this trouble maker, or perhaps i intimidate other men cuz of my look and attitude? IDK, and more to the point, IDC... Lol...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sniperkill2000 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2015-02-12)

Quote Originally Posted by sniperkill2000 View Post
    Well this is very interesting to say the least. Good thing i got unlimited data. I'd be screwed if i had Verizon or T-Mobile. Or any other carrier who doesn't have unlimited data.

On a different note, they say the same thing about small guys in BIG trucks. Their making up for something, somewhere... Which leads me to tech-savy guys, who need a HUGE phone. Are they making up for something?? Like me, im not a tech-savy guy by any means. When people look at me im sure they think to themselves," look at this trouble maker, or perhaps i intimidate other men cuz of my look and attitude? IDK, and more to the point, IDC... Lol...

unlimited data
    are you kidding .. which carries give that ? where are you living du? i want to come and live with you
    i got 2 gigabytes from mine and in 10 days it's disapper

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

I use T-Mobile and have unlimited data, no throttling either, truly unlimited.

Really? It seems to me that im a little behind the times, lol. Better get caught up, lol...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipanadol View Post
    unlimited data
    are you kidding .. which carries give that ? where are you living du? i want to come and live with you
    Don't be a hater!

I've still got unlimited data on 2 of my lines.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipanadol View Post
    unlimited data
    I am still grandfathered in on my Att unlimited data paying 30 a month. IPhone 6 plus here

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mboojigga For This Useful Post:

Atom2215 (2015-02-16), Inked_xx (2015-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    get back to me when you're old with crappy eyes.
    Old people with bad vision can be power-users, too.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2015-02-12 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Old people with bad vision can be power-users, too.
    True. but not my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I would compare sales figures for these two. That may be it.
    Hmm...

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I have T-Mobile and have unlimited data. I use anywhere between 30-55gb of data a month. My daughter stay streaming Netflix during the day and I stream pandora at night.

I've definitely been using more data since upgrading to 6+... I find that it has replaced my iPad mini for the most part. I'm still mystified why the iPhone 6+ can't open certain iPad-only newsstand magazines, like Money, or National Geographic, etc.

Thanks

Well, my 6 Plus is due to arrive this afternoon. I have very big hands and hope that this phone will fit me like a glove. Can't wait to get my hands on it :]

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Well, my 6 Plus is due to arrive this afternoon. I have very big hands and hope that this phone will fit me like a glove. Can't wait to get my hands on it :]
    I've had my 6+ for 2 weeks and have small hands. I had the 6 since the 2nd week after it debuted. I don't have any problems using the 6+ after using a 6 for 4 months. I'd prefer the 6+ over the 6 any day.

I can only speak for myself on this one. I switched from a 5S to the 6 Plus and I'm still using the same amount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast