Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 93% of Smartphone Profits During Holiday Quarter Goes to Apple's iPhone

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 93% of Smartphone Profits During Holiday Quarter Goes to Apple's iPhone

Recent reports from Apple are saying that the company has received the largest profit ever recorded by a company during holiday quarter. This news isnít surprising because according to Cannacord, 74 million iPhones were sold with a selling price that averaged out to be $687. Cannacord also noted that Apple had a 79% mobile device profit during all of last year, and specifically 93% of smartphone profits went to Apple during the holiday quarter.

The report also claimed that Korean-based company Samsung came in behind Apple, although they were still far off in profits compared to the Cupertino-based company. The analyst from Cannacord has stated that he expects the number of iPhone users to continue to grow in the next few years. He believes that there will be approximately 650 million iPhone users by 2018.

During the fourth quarter of 2014, it was noted that Samsung only accounted for 9% of total smartphone profits. But combined, the two rival companies made up 102% of the total profits last quarter, which is definitely a great number.

Source: Barrons
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2015-02-10 at 09:55 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Now that I got my iPhone 6+, it's going to take quite an improvement on Apple's part to make me upgrade again. iPhone 5S to the 6 plus, the 128 GBs was definitely a worthy upgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 93% of Smartphone Profits During Holiday Quarter Goes to Apple's iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    Now that I got my iPhone 6+, it's going to take quite an improvement on Apple's part to make me upgrade again. iPhone 5S to the 6 plus, the 128 GBs was definitely a worthy upgrade.
    That's how I feel coming from the 5s. I love my 6+ so much and this is exactly what I've been looking for in a phone since phablets were first announced. Apple will have to really wow me to upgrade this year. More than likely I'm keeping this phone until next year or until the 7s come out in 2017 maybe.