Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Keyboard Accio' Makes Switching Between Your Two Favorite iOS Keyboards Easier

Default 'Keyboard Accio' Makes Switching Between Your Two Favorite iOS Keyboards Easier

iOS comes with a button on the keyboard that represents a "globe." This button is used to switch between your keyboards that you have enabled on your iOS device.

The way the button works is that each time you tap on the globe button, the keyboard switches in the order that you have them lined up in the Settings > General > Keyboard section of iOS. You can also tap and hold on the globe button to reveal a simple keyboard selection interface to make it easier and quicker to just select the keyboard you want to use.

Since iOS defaults to moving between the keyboards in the order that you have them in Settings > General > Keyboard, this can make it cumbersome to switch between your two favorite keyboards on the fly, as you'll be going through all of your active keyboards just to get back to the one you want to use again. A new free jailbreak tweak called Keyboard Accio by iOS developer Hiraku claims to simplify this process and make it easier on the user.

With the tweak installed, when you tap on the globe button, you will no longer be taken through all of your active keyboards as you tap on the button over and over. Instead, the button, when tapped, will switch you between your first and second keyboards only from the Settings > General > Keyboard section of your Settings application.

For example, if we have enabled the regular English keyboard, the Emoji keyboard, and the Swype keyboard from the App Store, then without this tweak, the globe button would have cycled between the three keyboards in that order each time we tapped on the globe button. Now, with the tweak installed, the globe button will only cycle between the English and Emoji keyboards, making the globe button more of a "quick switch" button instead of a keyboard selector.

On the other hand, if you still want to get to the Swype keyboard, you can still just tap and hold on the globe button to easily pick the keyboard you want to use if it's not in the first 2 slots in the Settings > General > Keyboard section of iOS' settings.

If you want to give Keyboard Accio a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure and the tweak works with iOS 8.

Name: Keyboard Accio
    Price: FREE
    Version: 2.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hiraku
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I've actually been wanting this functionality for a while. Thanks dev!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Default agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I've actually been wanting this functionality for a while. Thanks dev!
    I don't feel that this tweak answers the question quite as easily as I hoped, at least I know that I'm not the only one asking the myself the questions though!