Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Slashes the Price of Many of Their Data Plans by $10 Per Month

Default Verizon Slashes the Price of Many of Their Data Plans by $10 Per Month

On Wednesday, Verizon announced that the cellular carrier would begin slashing the monthly costs of a myriad of their data plans by $10 per month. This means customers can either pay less for what they already have, or upgrade to bigger data plans for what they were already paying.

Re/code has the scoop on what the new pricing for the data plans will be:

In case the image didn't load for you, here are the changes that Verizon is making:

• The 1GB plan has dropped from $40 to $30 per month
    • The 2GB plan has dropped from $50 to $40 per month
    • The 3GB plan has dropped from $60 to $50 per month
    • The 4GB plan has dropped from $70 to $60 per month
    • The 6GB plan has dropped from $80 to $70 per month
    • The 8GB plan has dropped from $90 to $85 per month
    • The 20GB plan has dropped from $150 to $140 per month

We're not sure what makes the 8GB plan so special, but for whatever reason, Verizon has only slashed $5 off of that data plan while keeping a consistent $10 price cut on all of the rest of the mentioned plans. Notably, the 500MB, 10GB, 12GB, 14GB, and 16GB plans all remain at their usual prices.

These price cuts are necessary for Verizon in terms of compeition considering that the carrier's competitors are also taking their prices down a notch.

Sources: Re/code

weird. I currently get 10gb shared data for $80.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

They need to cut prices across the board, just not certain data plans. All these carriers need to stop this partial price cut advertisement BS. Advertise hey we cut down on our data plans, then you go and look and its only certain ones and not all.

Like ATT with them advertising they have the strongest LTE signal, BS! If that was the case? Then why am I still in a dead spot still?

Im Still on that unlimited data plan 80 bucks monthly verizon has great service but not perfect

Sent from space

So bottom line -- can I put two verizon iPhones owned and paid off by me, on verizon for 6gb $70 per month? No other fee except taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    They need to cut prices across the board, just not certain data plans. All these carriers need to stop this partial price cut advertisement BS. Advertise hey we cut down on our data plans, then you go and look and its only certain ones and not all.

Like ATT with them advertising they have the strongest LTE signal, BS! If that was the case? Then why am I still in a dead spot still?
    All carriers have dead spots somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    So bottom line -- can I put two verizon iPhones owned and paid off by me, on verizon for 6gb $70 per month? No other fee except taxes.
    No. $40 per line. So $150 per month plus taxes and fees.

does this apply to pre-paid as well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Personally, I couldn't wait to drop that horrible company. I went with Straight Talk, unlimited talk, data and text with a LG Fuel Smart phone for $44.00 per month. No contracts and all fees and taxes included.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post

+1
    And still have 4gb/month of promotional data for a total of 14gb

I gotta say, I switched to cricket a few months back and I'm paying 140 per month for 5 lines!!! Data is no issue, especially since they now upped their data allotment for their plans!! I was on T-Mobile before. T-Mobile has amazing customer service, but their service is horrible, no signal anywhere!!!

Verizon has good service but they will get all your money in data

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Same here. I clicked this article hoping it was going to drop to $70.

This doesn't mention the per line cost of $40, so for 2 phones sharing 2GB of data is $120.

Meanwhile I have 2 phones on T-Mo with unlimited LTE data for $100.

Keep trying Verizon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (2015-02-05)

I used to pay $80 for 10gb/mo and now, for 30gb I pay $130/mo. For $45/mo I could get a 6gb plan if I needed to lower my data plan for whatever, maybe to loser my bill for instance. Verizon, even with the reduced prices cost is still much higher. Also, I get rollover data, Verizon do this, at least currently as far as I know. Verizon has great coverage and high LTE speeds, but AT&T has nearly as good coverage, especially on the east coast. AT&T is catching up to Verizon. T-Mo is supposedly working on rapid expansion. I don't predict they will catch upto Verizon anytime in the near future though. Also, everyone I know on Verizon says that they nickel and dime you for anything they can. That's just my 2 cents. If you are on Verizon I'm sure the lower pricing is a nice surprise.
    Last edited by corurhaw; 2015-02-06 at 05:45 AM.