Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8.1.2 is Still Being Signed, Last Chance to Restore and Downgrade

Default iOS 8.1.2 is Still Being Signed, Last Chance to Restore and Downgrade

In case you didn't know, Apple is still signing iOS 8.1.2 as of this writing, a little over one week after releasing iOS 8.1.3. iOS 8.1.3 completely patches the TaiG jailbreak and can not be jailbroken publicly at this point in time.

With that being said, now is a great time to do any last-minute restoring and downgrading to iOS 8.1.2 if you still want to be able to jailbreak iOS 8. This also goes for anyone that might happen to buy an iOS device that is already running iOS 8.1.3 (although unlikely) – you can still downgrade at this point in time.

If you accidentally upgraded to iOS 8.1.3 expecting it to be jailbreakable, this is probably one of your last chances to get back to iOS 8.1.2, so we would definitely recommend taking advantage of this opportunity to get back to a jailbreakable firmware while you can.

Additionally, if you are experiencing a buggy jailbreak and want to start fresh, this is about your last chance to do a complete DFU-mode restore to factory iOS 8.1.2 settings and re-jailbreak for a nice fresh-off-the-vine install and jailbreak.

If you want to be extra safe and double-check whether or not Apple is signing the firmware you need, you can visit this Web site to find your firmware and see whether or not it's being signed.

If you have no plans to jailbreak, you can stay on iOS 8.1.3, as it's the most current and stable release of iOS 8 to date.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only one who feels that maybe Apple has realized how much it depends on jailbreakers and has started allowing downgrades on purpose? Think about it. They kept the iOS 8 update available until the day the 8.1 jailbreak came out, and now this.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Am I the only one who feels that maybe Apple has realized how much it depends on jailbreakers and has started allowing downgrades on purpose? Think about it. They kept the iOS 8 update available until the day the 8.1 jailbreak came out, and now this.
    I agree. I think the availability of recent jailbreaks had a significant (positive) impact on iPhone sales in China.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I agree. I think the availability of recent jailbreaks had a significant (positive) impact on iPhone sales in China.
    Im with you guys, Lets say, "Hypothetically" that Apple blocks jailbreaking forever and there is no way to get into the root files. I really see iPhone sales dropping if that happens. Just a thought that Apple needs to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by studderman View Post
    Im with you guys, Lets say, "Hypothetically" that Apple blocks jailbreaking forever and there is no way to get into the root files. I really see iPhone sales dropping if that happens. Just a thought that Apple needs to think about.
    That's what they've tried to do but there'll always be bugs that lead to exploits even in the most solid of systems. If Apple really wanted us jailbreaking they wouldn't close the exploits at all and they'd sign ALL firmwares and we'd be free to choose whatever version of iOS we want rather than whatever one they force us to have!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there no way that someone could setup a server that signs the firmware like apple? As then everyone could stay on their favourite firmware. Probably a lame question lol
    Totally agree that jailbreaking helped Apple
    Last edited by Bobski2000; 2015-02-04 at 11:15 PM.

Can this be True that Pangu Team just released a 8.1.3 Jailbreak. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=h...AxNDIzMDg5NDk4

Can this be True that Pangu Team just released a 8.1.3 Jailbreak. Check it out Pangunow dot com

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kizmet1313 View Post
    Can this be True that Pangu Team just released a 8.1.3 Jailbreak. Check it out Pangunow dot com
    Weird we haven't heard of it. The Video is from Jan. 12, 2005

Whats there to lose I will try it. And if it doesn't work I will just go back down to 8,1,2 with my luck Apple will stop signing 8.1.2 during my process lol

Well that sucks to good to be true. It doesn't Install.

I did downgraded, now how do I jailbreak for 8.1.2?

Download Taig Jailbreak and follow the instruction

Download Taig Jailbreak and follow the instruction. Here go to this site How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 Using TaiG [Guide] | Redmond Pie

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    They don't give a rat's you know what about our tiny community and the meager sales they get from us. This company has billions in the bank. They don't need us.
    Hmm...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It does beg the question as to why they are leaving the signing windows open so long though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It does beg the question as to why they are leaving the signing windows open so long though.
    Remember what happened with the release of that one iOS 8 firmware that completely broke cellular data and Touch ID for several users of the iPhone 6/6 Plus?

Apple doesn't want that to happen again, so they have to leave a window large enough for users to downgrade if there's a problem again. They're playing it safe.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Simon (2015-02-05), SpiderManAPV (2015-02-05), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Remember what happened with the release of that one iOS 8 firmware that completely broke cellular data and Touch ID for several users of the iPhone 6/6 Plus?

Apple doesn't want that to happen again, so they have to leave a window large enough for users to downgrade if there's a problem again. They're playing it safe.
    Good point. Could very well be that.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess we'll see when they stop signing 8.1.2. If they do it the day the next version gets jailbroken we'll know for sure.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast