Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia's Homepage Gets Tweaked With More iOS 7/8-like Flatter Interface

  1. #1
    Default Cydia's Homepage Gets Tweaked With More iOS 7/8-like Flatter Interface


    Saurik began the transformation to a more iOS 7/8-like interface a few months after iOS 7 was jailbroken. This included an all-new application icon that better-matched the flatter styling of the new operating system. On Wednesday, Saurik looks to have continued working on the user interface of Cydia.

    As shown above, you can see that the new Cydia (on the right) is now much flatter and better-suited for the iOS 7/8-styled appearance. The new Cydia home page does away with the button outlines and makes the home page look not only better, but also helps give it a more display-consuming feeling now that the buttons actually stretch from one side of the display to the other.

    For the most part, the home page of Cydia is one of the only areas of Cydia that has seen any change today. The Changes tab, the Installed tab, and any other tab in Cydia mostly look the same as they had before this visual overhaul.

    These visual changes do not come as a package update. Instead, when you open Cydia, a red loading bar will appear at the top of the interface, as shown above on the left, and when it finishes loading, Cydia will look like it does on the image shown above on the right. It should take only a few seconds (5-20) for this change to happen at the most.

    Check them out and let us know what you think in the comments!

  2. #2
    There are only two things I want from cydia.

    1) A proper search using "or" to work.

    2) A way to filter out all of the tens of thousands of ****** themes where someone grabs 8 icons off the internet and makes a theme.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    Funny..when i go to Cydia i see a Help Support Legal Jailbreaking alert. I don't see it above.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2015-02-04)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Funny..when i go to Cydia i see a Help Support Legal Jailbreaking alert. I don't see it above.
    Scroll down.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    There are only two things I want from cydia.

    1) A proper search using "or" to work.

    2) A way to filter out all of the tens of thousands of ****** themes where someone grabs 8 icons off the internet and makes a theme.
    You know you can block themes and really anything you want, right? Click sources at the bottom > click all sources at the top > click edit and block anything you don't want showing up.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobLo76 For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2015-02-04), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-06)

  8. #6
    I like the new style, definitely better than before.

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLo76 View Post
    You know you can block themes and really anything you want, right? Click sources at the bottom > click all sources at the top > click edit and block anything you don't want showing up.
    On mine it only allows you to add or remove repos, not block certain items. Can you specify what you want blocked?

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    On mine it only allows you to add or remove repos, not block certain items. Can you specify what you want blocked?
    Yes. In sources tab, tap "all sources." Then tap edit in the upper right and turn off the stuff you don't want to see.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

    thazsar (2015-02-04), xXxMyk3xXx (2015-02-04)

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Yes. In sources tab, tap "all sources." Then tap edit in the upper right and turn off the stuff you don't want to see.
    Well just so you know, that hides them from the "Changes" tab, but if you ever perform a search in Cydia, themes and the likes will still appear. I think he is asking for a way to hide them from the search queries completely. I too wouldn't mind such functionality to filter out some of the endless waves of non-pertaining search results.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    talkin73 (2015-02-05)

  14. #10
    ohh, I figured he was just talking about the changes.

  15. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLo76 View Post
    You know you can block themes and really anything you want, right? Click sources at the bottom > click all sources at the top > click edit and block anything you don't want showing up.
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to hide all themes. Just the crappy ones. The ones where someone grabs 8 icons and a wallpaper of the internet and makes a theme.

    "Here's my wolverine theme. Each icon happens to be one of 6 wolverine's faces and a crappy upscaled 400x400 wallpaper."

    Those themes. I hate those.

  16. #12
    Gotcha. I thought that, but thought I'd reply anyway to make sure. Cheers!

  17. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to hide all themes. Just the crappy ones. The ones where someone grabs 8 icons and a wallpaper of the internet and makes a theme.

    "Here's my wolverine theme. Each icon happens to be one of 6 wolverine's faces and a crappy upscaled 400x400 wallpaper."

    Those themes. I hate those.
    they do suck. but I have no idea how you'd do that.

  18. #14
    Default Cydia's Homepage Gets Tweaked With More iOS 7/8-like Flatter Interface
    DMCA thing on top is annoying so far.
    It's cool he lets us know..
    Few will send in a form that actually makes sense to those people.
    Old fashion view on stuff-

    Jailbreaking iOS will never die as long as Apple holds back.
    It threatens sales that's why it's prob posted up right there.

    Other than that, Cydia homepage looks GOOOD!
    Last edited by vXBaKeRXv; 2015-02-05 at 02:41 AM.

  19. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    The intelliscreen X for me appears above the cydia logo.. anyone else got the same issue??

  20. #16
    Default Cydia's Homepage Gets Tweaked With More iOS 7/8-like Flatter Interface
    Cydia desperately needs a DATE listed with each app. Even more, you should be able to browse and see what other people with your device and iOS version are downloading. A big A-Z list is not going to cut it nor is the chronological list of repo updates that you get later. I hate to say it, but Rock was onto something and Jay screwed it up BIG time. Seeing him play around with how "flat" it looks while it still having these glaring usability problems just frustrates me to no end.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

    vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-06)

  22. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo1 View Post
    The intelliscreen X for me appears above the cydia logo.. anyone else got the same issue??
    It's not an issue, it's a fact. He did it on purpose.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

    vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-06)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •