Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular Canopy Jailbreak Tweak for Enhancing Mobile Safari Now Available for iOS 8

Default Popular Canopy Jailbreak Tweak for Enhancing Mobile Safari Now Available for iOS 8

Many of you probably recall the popular Canopy jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Jonathan Bailey, which was made for enhancing the feature set of the native Mobile Safari Web browser in iOS. Canopy has just been re-released for iOS 8 in a new version of the tweak dubbed Canopy for iOS 8.

Although Canopy for iOS 8 is a $1.99 purchase from Cydia's BigBoss repository, if you already own an older version of the tweak, then it's only a 99 upgrade. What you get for what you're paying for is quite extensive. The tweak gives you the following improvements for Mobile Safari:

• Paste and Paste & Go inline in the address/search bar
    • Insert search and address suggestion into their respective text fields without Going/Searching (like in Chrome)
    • Option to prevent the navigation bar from hiding when scrolling
    • Long press on Bookmarks, History items and Reading List items to:
      • Copy the address
      • Add them directly to Reading List or Bookmarks
      • Share them on Facebook, Twitter, Email, iMessage/SMS
      • Translate any page from the action/share menu
      • Open in Chrome added to the action/share menu
      • Add all open pages to Reading List or Bookmarks folder & Close all open pages
      • Open Safari settings by pressing the gear icon in the Pages View
      • Open Canopy settings by long pressing the gear icon in the Page View
      • Open Safari from Safari settings and Canopy Settings
    • Long press on the View Pages button to open a new page
    • Long press on the Bookmarks button to add current page to bookmarks or to reading list (option in settings)
    • Swipe Reading List items to reveal button to Mark Read or Unread
    • Change Home screen web clip settings (full-screen)
    • And more
    The tweak also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a variety of options:

Canopy for iOS 8 is a great addition to any iOS 8 device because of all the features you get for your Web browsing experience in the Mobile Safari application. You won't get as much use out of the tweak, however, if you use a third-party Web browsing application like Google Chrome.

If you want to give it a try, you can grab it from Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. The tweak does require iOS 8 to be installed.

Name: Canopy for iOS 8
    Price: $1.99 or 99 upgrade from Canopy
    Version: 4.0.2
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jonathan Bailey
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Anyone else get crashes with canopy and ios 7?

Anyone else read that it requires iOS 8?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyphur For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2015-02-02), UtSulumSuusOwn (2015-02-02)

There is a Canopy iOS7. I use it & don't experience any crashes on my 4 or my 4s (both on 7.1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by savageone79 View Post
    Anyone else get crashes with canopy and ios 7?
    You need to install the iOS 7 version: http://cydia.saurik.com/package/org.thebigboss.canopyios7/

No sorry for the confusion. I am using the 7 version but when installed it crashes on my 5s. Was just curious if anyone else had that issue.