Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Harbor' is an Incredible OS X Yosemite-Inspired Dock Tweak for iOS 8 Devices

Default 'Harbor' is an Incredible OS X Yosemite-Inspired Dock Tweak for iOS 8 Devices

When you're looking for a new application dock experience on your iOS 8 device, your options are limited. Fortunately, a new option dubbed Harbor by iOS developer Evan Swick was just released, and it's looking pretty good.

Harbor is an OS X Yosemite-inspired jailbreak tweak for iOS 8 devices, whether it's an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and the dock functions and looks much like the OS X Yosemite dock.

The tweak functions like the OS X Yosemite application dock because you can add almost as many application icons to it as you want. You can then pan through the application icons in your dock by putting your finger over them and sliding it around. As you do so, a magnification effect will take place. All running applications show a slate dot underneath them like they would in OS X Yosemite, as well.

While you are panning through the dock application icons, the one that your finger is on when you let go of the display is the one that opens up. The tweak works in both portrait mode and landscape mode, as shown above. When you have notifications from an application, the application icon corresponding to the notification will bounce in the dock like it would in OS X Yosemite – it will do this whether you're on the Home Screen or even in an application, as shown below:

You can also customize many of the features of Harbor by visiting the Settings application and configuring the various options to your liking:

Your options here include:

• Enabling or disabling the tweak on demand
    • Configuring an animation duration
    • Configuring a dock margin
    • Configuring a wave height
    • Configuring a wave width
    • Choosing how much your application icons will bounce when you get a notification
    • Enabling or disabling application bounce when you're in an application
    • Making the application dock flush with the edge of the screen
    • Hiding or showing the application name of an application when zoomed in
    • Hiding or showing the application running indicator dots
    • Using the regular background or not

You can check out the developer's demo video of Harbor below:

Harbor looks to be a very promising new way of bringing cool functionality to the iOS application dock. If you're interested in giving it a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $2.99. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed and works on all devices.

Name: Harbor
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 0.9.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Evan Swick
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

This looks amazing. Anyone jump and try it yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Pretty cool tweak. Wish the icons weren't laid out right next to each other though. Spacing them out equally based on how many are in dock would look better imo.

Default harbor
    Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
    This looks amazing. Anyone jump and try it yet?
    Doesn't work as shown on film, time for a update !!!

It's the longphone 7!

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Sneak peak at iOSX? Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

Not trying to start anything here but an out of the box iPhone compare to android in terms of freedom and customisation can't compare. But a jailbroken iPhone kills android any day. I had several android phone but keep going back to Apple. The best part is it's still runs smooth with 1Gb of ram. Any android fanboy passing by feel free to hate me 😏

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Pretty cool tweak. Wish the icons weren't laid out right next to each other though. Spacing them out equally based on how many are in dock would look better imo.
    You can in the settings but not the best result yet I wish the icons stayed bigger but can't have everything I guess.

Looked cool, wanted it. Bought it... It appears to have broken notification center and control center. Neither work now that its installed. Did a reboot and still no go. I hope that bug is fixed or I just wasted $2.99 on a tweak I cant use.

EDIT: I apologize profusely. My mistake. Just realized PanicLock was accidentally triggered and that was blocking notification center and control center. Please forgive me.
    Last edited by NOYB111; 2015-02-02 at 02:17 PM.

+1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fredHD View Post
    You can in the settings but not the best result yet I wish the icons stayed bigger but can't have everything I guess.
    I didn't see anywhere in settings that allowed this.

Thanks

I didn't see anywhere in settings that allowed this.
    Yeah my bad mistaken for the dock margin.

Not trying to start anything here but an out of the box iPhone compare to android in terms of freedom and customisation can't compare. But a jailbroken iPhone kills android any day. I had several android phone but keep going back to Apple. The best part is it's still runs smooth with 1Gb of ram. Any android fanboy passing by feel free to hate me 😏
    Amen brother!!

I have never seen the point of higher ram on a PHONE. If you want speed buy a computer simple as that. Androids and Blackberries are made for people who cant afford an iPhone :P

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imon_welfare View Post
    I have never seen the point of higher ram on a PHONE. If you want speed buy a computer simple as that. Androids and Blackberries are made for people who cant afford an iPhone :P
    What?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Does it play nice with Apex 2? any incomparability with other tweaks?? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imon_welfare View Post
    You make no sense. I consider my $900+ iPhone 6 Plus a computer and I want all the speed out of it that is possibly attainable. The fact of the matter is that Apple screwed us yet again with a piss poor amount of RAM. Until they publicly talk about having more RAM (and at a minimum of 2GB) I won't be buying another one. This phone won't do more than one thing at a time without running out of RAM and that's unacceptable.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

Default 'Harbor' is an Incredible OS X Yosemite-Inspired Dock Tweak for iOS 8 Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    You make no sense. I consider my $900+ iPhone 6 Plus a computer and I want all the speed out of it that is possibly attainable. The fact of the matter is that Apple screwed us yet again with a piss poor amount of RAM. Until they publicly talk about having more RAM (and at a minimum of 2GB) I won't be buying another one. This phone won't do more than one thing at a time without running out of RAM and that's unacceptable.
    Really? I run clash of clans and boom beach, I even tried the split screen with a YouTube video floating on screen I had no slowing down or respring!! Have you ever seen how much ram and android phone uses idle?

But anyway it's a free world if you after big numbers there's plenty out there.

I guess I'm just old school and have never seen the point of having a phone the same speed as a decent PC

Thanks

Last update added space between the icons on the dock. Much better looking now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast