Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AFVideo' Enables Auto-focus in Video Capture on Un-supported iOS Devices

Default 'AFVideo' Enables Auto-focus in Video Capture on Un-supported iOS Devices

To get the most out of video recording on your iOS device, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called AFVideo by iOS developer PoomSmart.

This tweak will enable auto-focus while you're recording video on your non-iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus device, such as the iPhone 5s and earlier. This is a feature that Apple enabled on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in iOS 8, although they left all of the older devices out of the fun.

Having auto-focus while you're recording video can be a helpful step in creating half-way decent videos with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. With that being said, there's no reason not to grab this tweak and get started with better video recording today.

Th tweak works with iOS 7 and later, although the developer believes it's possible the tweak may also function on iOS 5 and iOS 6 (we haven't tested this for sure because we don't have any dinosaur devices in our hands anymore). There is no need to install this tweak on an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, as they already come with this functionality.

If you're interested in giving AFVideo a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure and the tweak only works in Apple's stock Camera application for iOS.

Name: AFVideo
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

kool tweak

Does camera tweak have auto focus during video recording? If not it sure seems like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
    Does camera tweak have auto focus during video recording? If not it sure seems like it!
    Is that not the point of this tweak?

Thanks

The requirements in this article is wrong. It works on iOS 6 also, and I think I remember it said ios 5 too but I can't confirm that, however i have it on my iphone 5 6.1.4 and it works fine.