Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Report Claims Android to iPhone Switchers Mainly Came from International Market

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Report Claims Android to iPhone Switchers Mainly Came from International Market

Just earlier this week, Apple announced that more Android users have switched over to Apple’s iPhone than ever before. New reports however, are claiming that the switch mainly came from the international market as switchers in the U.S. have remained pretty much the same the last few years. This could definitely be the case because Android typically dominates Asian countries, but with the release of the larger iPhone 6 Plus device, more users in China have been reported to have switched over.

In the U.S, new data from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners shows that 19% of Android users switched over to the iPhone in Q4 of last year. Even though this is the case, CIRP believes that the spike in switch is from the international market. Previously when the iPhone 5 launched, Android users also accounted for 19% of iPhone buyers from October to December of 2012. Then when the iPhone 5s and 5c launched, 16% of Android users bought the device from October to December of 2013. This means that the percentage has remained pretty steady the last few launches.

The data shows that the switch for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has gone up compared to when the iPhone 5s and 5c were released, but compared to when the iPhone 5 was released the percentage remained the same.

Source: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how many switch to android yearly though...

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    I wonder how many switch to android yearly though...
    And how many switch back to Apple. I know I tried the Galaxy s4 for about a month but kept going back to my iPhone 5. Love the 6.