Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5s Used to Shoot Entire Hit Film Featured at Sundance Film Festival

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 5s Used to Shoot Entire Hit Film Featured at Sundance Film Festival

It seems like Apple’s iPhones do what most smartphones do plus a whole lot more. This year’s Sundance Film Festival featured a hit movie titled Tangerine, and the entire film was apparently shot using three iPhone 5s devices, the FiLMic Pro app that costs $8, and some external lenses that clip on. Reports come from SlashFilm, where the filmmaker claimed it wasn’t a marketing tactic for Apple. According to SlashFilm,

iPhones were chosen not just as a cost cutting measure but also to allow them to shoot in public places (such as the LA Metro subway and bus line) without permits or permissions. It was revealed that the LA city bus driver called the cops on them because a filmed argument looked “too real” during a scene which took place on the bus line.
    Shooting an entire film using a cell phone definitely does not sound ideal, so you can imagine what the actors might have been thinking when they found out they were being recorded with an iPhone. According to The Verge, actor James Ransone was hesitant on relying on the Cupertino-based company’s iPhone for the film.

“I had some hesitancy about it, more out of pride,” says James Ransone, who plays Chester, the pimp at the center of Tangerine’s love triangle. “I’m like, Jesus Christ, man, I was on The Wire. I’ve ended up in iPhone movies!” But Ransone came to appreciate the flexibility of the device. “There’s a lot that can be done with an iPhone.” (One example: Baker shot several scenes while riding his 10-speed bicycle in circles around his actors.)

It wasn’t until after the audience had watched the entire preview for Tangerine did the team reveal the use of the iPhone. This is not the first time it was reported that Apple’s iPhone had been used to record something professional. Previously, the iPhone 5s was used to shoot fashion icon Burberry London’s fashion show. Would you choose to use Apple’s iPhone if you needed something done professionally? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: SlashFilm, The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks for the blasphemy dude. I dare you to say mohammed damnit instead.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

bk4life (2015-01-30)

Is that a dude?