Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Pushability' Makes Interacting With Tweaks in the Reachability Interface Even Easier

Default 'Pushability' Makes Interacting With Tweaks in the Reachability Interface Even Easier

The whole point of Reachability on your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus is to make it so that you can more easily tap on objects on your display that would normally be too high up for your thumbs to reach while using your iPhone one-handed.

On the other hand, if you've been using Reachability for other things, such as taking advantage of the empty space with jailbreak tweaks for showing information such as weather, then you might enjoy a new free jailbreak tweak called Pushability by iOS developer Josh Doctors.

Rather than Reachability pulling the interface that you're in down to make the interface easier to reach, Pushability will push the interface that you're in up so that you can more easily interact with any jailbreak tweaks or widgets that are added to the Pushability interface, as shown above.

While the tweak does make it easier to interact with any jailbreak tweaks or widgets that you've added to the Reachability interface, it does defeat the purpose of Reachability altogether because you will no longer be able to use it to reach the top section of your display.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand:

If you're interested in giving Pushability a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires iOS 8 and a Reachability-enabled device. The tweak doesn't appear to work with devices that have the ReachAll hack installed, so you will need an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to use Pushability.

Name: Pushability
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-14
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Josh Doctors
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

I... I don't understand this one.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

But then it kills reachability. Why not an option to have reach with one action and push with another? I suppose if you never use reach for reaching but only for easy tweak access this makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    I... I don't understand this one.
    We just recently reviewed a tweak that puts Flipswitch toggles in the Reachability interface.

This tweak would make it easier to reach those toggles, but it makes the Reachability aspect of Reachability useless.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

mlee19841 (2015-01-29)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish it worked with the 5s. It would make those reachability widgets so nice.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    We just recently reviewed a tweak that puts Flipswitch toggles in the Reachability interface.

This tweak would make it easier to reach those toggles, but it makes the Reachability aspect of Reachability useless.
    Yeah, that last point is what was confusing me. I guess this is a solution to a problem that wasn't there originally.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Is there any tweak that extends reachability to iPads?