Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SBRotator for iOS 8' Now Available to Let You Rotate Your Device into Landscape Mode

Default 'SBRotator for iOS 8' Now Available to Let You Rotate Your Device into Landscape Mode

Unless you have an iPhone 6 Plus or an iPad of some sort, you aren't going to be able to get your device into landscape mode in various interfaces across iOS. This is an unfortunate limitation that Apple and several application developers impose on users, and it can be annoying when you really want to use landscape orientation instead of portrait orientation.

Fortunately, if you have a jailbreak then you are able to bypass these irritating restrictions. iOS developer Limneos has just released his popular SBRotator tweak for iOS 8 with full support for every device that doesn't already support landscape orientation throughout iOS. For those that do already, the tweak can be used to unlock additional landscape orientation support, such as landscape orientation on the Lock Screen.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a variety of options pertaining to the tweak's functionality:

Among the options you are able to adjust to your liking, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Enable or disable rotating the Springboard
    • Enable or disable rotating the Lock Screen
    • Choose between an iPhone 6 Plus or iPad-style rotation
    • Enable or disable rotating among the following orientations: left, right, and upside-down
    • Configure a custom rotation duration
    • Enable or disable rotation in specific applications that normally don't support it

The main difference between iPhone 6 Plus and iPad-style rotation is that the iPhone 6 Plus puts the application dock on the right side of the display when you go into landscape orientation, while the iPad keeps the application dock on the bottom of the display when you go into landscape orientation. The custom rotation duration is how long it will take your device to realize that you want to change the device's display orientation. It all comes down to personal preference.

If you're interested in giving SBRotator for iOS 8 a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $2.99. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed an older version of SBRotator is also available in Cydia for those running iOS 7 and earlier.

Name: SBRotator for iOS 8
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 1.0-41
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Elias Limneos
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Ouch. I'm gonna be broke after this and anchor back to back 😳

Default 'SBRotator for iOS 8' Now Available to Let You Rotate Your Device into Landsc...
    I have this issue (see picture) in every rotation tweak I've tried. But from what I understand it's a problem with Apple's iOS 8 itself.

You see, in iOS 7 the keyboard's orientation was tied to the statusbar's orientation, but Apple changed this in iOS 8 so now I have the issue seen in my pic below. Is there any developer out there that can tackle this probem that crappy Apple has caused?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk8hq1vst8...%20PM.png?dl=0

Thank you
    Last edited by Al226; 2015-01-28 at 02:36 AM.

I don't want this to sound like he's money-grabbing, but $2.99 seems a tad high for this tweak

I don't want this to sound like he's money-grabbing, but $2.99 seems a tad high for this tweak....

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    I don't want this to sound like he's money-grabbing, but $2.99 seems a tad high for this tweak
    Agree, SBFlip is much MUCH better in my opinion..

does it have the feature to shrink the interface like little brother?