Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8.1.3 Closes a Ton of Security Holes in iOS... Including Those Used by TaiG

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crow68x View Post
    What's a good 8.1.2 jailbreak? Seen a few Chinese ones online just don't know what's legit or not.Modmyi doesn't have it on the site so was waiting to see it listed
    I'm using the TaIG jailbreak. Very easy to jailbreak and all my tweaks that I like work.

Does anyone know if the 8.1.3 patches the PP JB?

Quote Originally Posted by crow68x View Post
    What's a good 8.1.2 jailbreak? Seen a few Chinese ones online just don't know what's legit or not.Modmyi doesn't have it on the site so was waiting to see it listed
    I'm using the PP jailbreak on a 6 plus, 2 iPhone 6's, a 5s and two iPad's. It works flawless!

Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    Does anyone know if the 8.1.3 patches the PP JB?
    yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    It's under the Springboard options.
    Just realized this gets rid of your new message notifications as well

Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    So what you are saying is that it is impossible for Apple to find security holes by them self that can be used for jailbreaking unless some team actually uses them to make a public jailbreak?

Why do everybody think that a "saved" security hole will never be patched? I would think that Apple is smart enough to find the most holes without the help of the jailbreak community. And the only ones that has something to loose is the community if a hole is not used or kept secret with the intention to use it in the next iOS release. It will probably already be patched by then.

Sure, Apple does get help when a jailbreak is released, but the hole would be found anyway. It just takes a little longer. If the community waits and saves the hole for the next release, and the next release.... we will never see a jailbreak again.

So i say, use it or loose it.
    That's not really true.. there have been other serious bugs in software that have been around for a few years before they are discovered.. Just ask Microsoft .. they've recently had bugs discovered that go all the way from Windows XP to Windows 8 .. There's a very good chance Apple wouldn't have discovered this bug, or at least not any time soon .. it's possible but I wouldn't bank on it ..

Apple's track record at securing their devices has been pretty bad when you think about it.. an exploit has been found for virtually ever major release since the first EXTREMELY simple jailbreak was created... my favorite jailbreak simply involved opening safari and visiting a website to press a button..

There was also the fun run of ios jailbreaks that apple couldn't do anything about because it was a bootrom exploit that was exploited before ios even loaded.. no new version of ios could fix it ..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default iOS 8.1.3 Closes a Ton of Security Holes in iOS... Including Those Used by TaiG
    Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    Apple's track record at securing their devices has been pretty bad when you think about it...
    While I agree w/ everything you said, this is the one statement that I can't agree with. Any software will be exploitable...plain and simple. Even the top government agencies can be hacked! IMO, Apple has done a great job at preventing viruses from entering our devices. If a user isn't intentionally wanting to jailbreak, then their device is pretty much secure. I can't say the same for Android where there's virtually no regulatory process for approving an app. Anyone looking in the Google Store can download a random app that will potentially brick their device!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2015-01-31 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks

FYI...8.1.2 still being signed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123