Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Anchor' Let's You Place Your Home Screen App Icons Anywhere in the Grid You Want

Default 'Anchor' Let's You Place Your Home Screen App Icons Anywhere in the Grid You Want

If you're nostalgic for GridLock, then you're going to enjoy a new jailbreak tweak called Anchor by iOS developer Brogan Miner. What this tweak does is ultimately what GridLock allowed you to do on earlier versions of iOS put your Home Screen application icons anywhere that you want on the Home Screen.

With the tweak installed, you can simply put your iOS device into wiggle mode and then drag your applications anywhere on your Home Screen that you want. You will notice that iOS will not try and snap your icons to the next empty space in line, but rather, it will stay exactly where you put it, as shown above.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as reset your Home Screen's application icon layouts:

If you're interested in giving Anchor a try, it's available for $1.99 in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak is compatible with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: Anchor
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0.2-5
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Brogan Miner
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Hsd ftw!

Default 'Anchor' Let's You Place Your Home Screen App Icons Anywhere in the Grid You ...
    All my apps but the ones in my dock just disappeared :-(
    I deactivated,respring then they all came back.i think I'll keep this tweak deactivated for now until a update is pushed out.this is a must have tweak tho

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I loved gridlock but have gotten used to life without it, which makes it hard to justify spending $2 on this...

Man you spend $2 on a snapple or a coke ,$2 is nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I loved gridlock but have gotten used to life without it, which makes it hard to justify spending $2 on this...
    +1.. I got used to using and modifying iconoclasm or just using springtomize.

I've had a couple springboard crashes from this, but I'm so glad it's here. I missed gridlock. This pretty much the exact same thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to holyshnikes For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2015-01-27)

Random icons disappear per page but works overall just a few bugs

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Random icons disappear per page but works overall just a few bugs
    Hopefully there's an update soon.. I downloaded new apps and the disappear :/

can't open folders, safe mode

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

What is up with @chpwn and all his tweaks? Gridlock and all his other tweaks were awesome. It seems like he has fallen off the face of the planet since iOS8. Every one of his tweaks needs updated and he cannot be reached via email support or twitter.

I too was quite excited when I saw this tweak pop up, as I have been a long time user of Gridlock, and this looked very similar for iOS8. However, I am having the same issue as others. Springboard icons disappear after respring, except for the dock, and the the missing icons are completely inaccessible. Keeping my purchase though, and I am hopeful for an update to be pushed out! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Been using iBlank for a while, but this will (hopefully) be much cooler!

I got all excited only to be let down by the bugs and the $2 lol. I hope they sort out the bugs soon and I'll def jump on this.

Default 'Anchor' Let's You Place Your Home Screen App Icons Anywhere in the Grid You ...
    If your icons disappear go to settings through spotlight search or a siri command and go into the anchor settings. Select page one and click hard reset. That fixed my issues. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by x2dope; 2015-01-27 at 11:33 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I got all excited only to be let down by the bugs and the $2 lol. I hope they sort out the bugs soon and I'll def jump on this.
    But you already jumped on this.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

Thanks

I wish this worked, I loved Gridlock.
    This tweak scares me, been in beta and development FOREVER.

It works. Keep using iblanks if you are annoyed by the bugs.

Just a quick heads up. He's updated it twice since release.

From recent changes listing:

1.0.3-2
    Fixed major issue with disappearing icons
    Folders are now identified by contents and not their name, this means the way icon pages were saved was changed. And to prevent crashes to your layout were reset upon installation (sorry)
    Other improvements (related to icon disappearances)
    More fixes are on the way. I am pushing out this fix right now and not waiting for the other ones because its more prominent.

1.0.4-1
    Fixed crashing issue involving newsstand in folders and folders in folders.

I've installed latest and it seems to be working fine. No crashes or missing icons as of yet. Just glad to be rid of I blank, and really wanted gridlock back but since this equals it alls right in the world.

The following bug was found with Anchor installed:

BUG: enabling Hide Labels under Folders and Pages in Springtomize 3 AND Icon Labels under Springboard in HideMe8 will result in safe mode every time exiting wiggling mode.

FIX: disable Hide Labels in Springtomize 3 and enable in HideMe8.
    Last edited by anime007; 2015-02-03 at 04:40 AM.