Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DimMe' Gives You Fine-grained Handling Over iOS Device Display Dimming

Default 'DimMe' Gives You Fine-grained Handling Over iOS Device Display Dimming

DimMe is a cool new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Rene Kahle that was just released to give iOS device users more fine-grained control over the dimming controls for their device's display.

Apple's stock iOS lets you set a time period for your device's display to dim, and then lock, but apart from this, the options don't give you much flexibility, so this is why DimMe was created.

DimMe adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can better control the settings for dimming your display how you would like:

From here, there are a myriad of options to play around with. Among them, you can do the following things:

• Enable or disable the tweak's functionality on demand
    • Enable or disable un-dimming the Lock Screen for notifications
    • Configure the amount of time that a notification will be displayed on the Lock Screen before it dims
    • Enable or disable auto-lock when connected to a power source
    • Enable or disable display dimming when connected to a power source
    • Enable or disable Lock Screen dimming when connected to a power source
    • Choose to have the device lock instead of dim when not connected to a power source
    • Enable or disable Lock Screen dimming when not connected to a power source
    • Configure a delay time for when your display will dim
    • Configure a delay time for when your Lock Screen will dim
    • Configure a delay time for when your device will auto-lock
    • Enable or disable the tweak's functionality for specific applications (requires AppList)

With all of the flexibility, there's a huge chance you're going to really enjoy using this tweak over having to deal with Apple's stock options, which feel constrained in terms of user-configurability. If you're interested in giving DimMe a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for $1.00. The tweak works with iOS 8.

Name: DimMe
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0.1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Rene Kahle
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Lol this year is really hard to get something FREE from Cydia.. I agree we need to show some love to devs but some things are too expensive and with no trial version it's like playing poker.. Chances to win are minimal. One year ago you could get almost everything for free.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sladyrko For This Useful Post:

abbdc1 (2015-01-27), ipanadol (2015-01-26)

Just so you guys know.. Anchor is the new Gridlock! Try it! Works well!

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    Just so you guys know.. Anchor is the new Gridlock! Try it! Works well!
    I'll stick with HSD!

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    I'll stick with HSD!
    What does that stand for?.. I've been looking for something similar to gridlock and just found out about Anchor

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
    What does that stand for?.. I've been looking for something similar to gridlock and just found out about Anchor
    Homescreendesigner

Quote Originally Posted by sladyrko View Post
    Lol this year is really hard to get something FREE from Cydia.. I agree we need to show some love to devs but some things are too expensive and with no trial version it's like playing poker.. Chances to win are minimal. One year ago you could get almost everything for free.
    Smart devs usually have a paid version that has more options.

anchor has issue with folders