Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WidgetWeather2 Now Available in Cydia!

Did you go to Settings/GroovyLock and turn it on and pick 02_base...

There is a link to a downloadable manual from WW2 in Cydia.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

I did. And I'm on my iPhone. Can I downloadNit to my iPhone?

Yes you can.

I figured it out. It doesn't play well with bigify.

So, one of the huge advantages to WW2 is its ability to tap into the stock weather app, and also the wonderful GPS functions/options. My question is, how difficult would it be to integrate this into an SBHTML or GL theme? Is it easier to call on WW2 (somehow), or just cut and paste some of the WW2 script functions into the respective existing sbhtml/GL scripts?
    For example, I have this sbhtml theme ive been tweaking, and it relies solely on woeid to pull weather infos. It would be nice if i could get it to use the WW2 gps/location functions.. but im not sure if this is too ambitious/unrealistic/not-worth-the-time-for-the-payoff

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    So, one of the huge advantages to WW2 is its ability to tap into the stock weather app, and also the wonderful GPS functions/options. My question is, how difficult would it be to integrate this into an SBHTML or GL theme? Is it easier to call on WW2 (somehow), or just cut and paste some of the WW2 script functions into the respective existing sbhtml/GL scripts?
    For example, I have this sbhtml theme ive been tweaking, and it relies solely on woeid to pull weather infos. It would be nice if i could get it to use the WW2 gps/location functions.. but im not sure if this is too ambitious/unrealistic/not-worth-the-time-for-the-payoff
    If I'm understanding you correctly - there are already hundreds of GL/SBHTML-based widgets that do precisely what you outline above. That are fully GPS and no longer rely on WOEID at all - but rather get their realtime weather and location data by making a JQuery.get call to the widgetweather.xml file that WW2 is constantly updating. Converting your existing WOEID-based widget is indeed possible - but it would require some recoding of the widget. Not everyone here has that skill.. and those that do may not have the time or desire to.. And there are so many amazing widgets to choose from that are already coded as you describe.. to work in tandem with the output data from WW2.

If you post the SBHtml theme, I will convert it to WW for you.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-02-02), Krima (2015-02-02), NewD (2015-02-02)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    If I'm understanding you correctly - there are already hundreds of GL/SBHTML-based widgets that do precisely what you outline above. That are fully GPS and no longer rely on WOEID at all - but rather get their realtime weather and location data by making a JQuery.get call to the widgetweather.xml file that WW2 is constantly updating. Converting your existing WOEID-based widget is indeed possible - but it would require some recoding of the widget. Not everyone here has that skill.. and those that do may not have the time or desire to.. And there are so many amazing widgets to choose from that are already coded as you describe.. to work in tandem with the output data from WW2.
    yeah, there are a lot of them that have the functionality already, but i happened across one that I like that happens to still rely on woeid. Ive been learning how to write html and CSS, and have dabbled in tweaking existing functions in javascript, but have not done anything so large as to implement the GPS function in a theme that doesn't have it. It would be nice to try to do it myself, just for the sake of learning, but would definitely be a long-term project for me. I guess it may be easier to find one that has the gps implemented, then build the html and CSS around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    If you post the SBHtml theme, I will convert it to WW for you.
    sure, its a theme i got from @mone, which i have been tweaking for myself over the past few days (added a battery bar, will be adding in RAM stats info -- would def like to give it a config.js but need to learn how to do that too [it may be as simple as moving the variable declarations from the main.js into a config.js.. but who knows..still learning]). So, here it is in it's current state:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/plhspvf3xc...arated.7z?dl=1

Thanks

sure, its a theme i got from @mone, which i have been tweaking for myself over the past few days (added a battery bar, will be adding in RAM stats info -- would def like to give it a config.js but need to learn how to do that too [it may be as simple as moving the variable declarations from the main.js into a config.js.. but who knows..still learning]). So, here it is in it's current state:
    That file isn't a proper zip file. Please re-encode it and send a link.

The zip file works just fine for me. What issue are you having with it?

Thanks

Downloads as a .7z file.. Won't unzip for me once downloaded.. Not even after adding a .zip extension.

Didn't try Mobile Safari... Maybe that will work. But I do all my conversions from computer. The file naming is defintely off. Dropbox files work for me 99.9% of the time on computer - except this one..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-02 at 09:47 PM.

Bro, stop living in the 90's and install 7z zip utility. Even iFile can unzip these.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2015-02-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Bro, stop living in the 90's and install 7z zip utility. Even iFile can unzip these.
    Weird.. Never heard of 7z.. Must not be a Mac thing.. Pretty much every file that's loaded here opens on my computer with no issue at all. If MacOS native expansion tool doesn't unzip it... it AIN'T common... LOL!! Must be the new kid on the block... Just downloaded a new tool... to open it.. What drag... ;/
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-02 at 10:17 PM.

lol sorry. i started using the 7z format few years back and just stuck with it.. its pretty popular in several other enthusiast communities im a part of. I have noticed though that it tends not to be quite as popular on modmyi, perhaps bc of Mac? anyways, im willing to rezip in the standard *.zip format if you want
    sry for the confusion

It doesn't bother me, I've been using it for many years myself.

Thanks

lol sorry. i started using the 7z format few years back and just stuck with it.. its pretty popular in several other enthusiast communities im a part of. I have noticed though that it tends not to be quite as popular on modmyi, perhaps bc of Mac? anyways, im willing to rezip in the standard *.zip format if you want
    sry for the confusion
    I love opportunities to expand my horizons.. 😃.. I now have the unzip tool for it. I asked several Mac colleague friends of mine today about 7z. None of them had ever heard of it. Must be a lot more popular in the PC world.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

michaelrw (2015-02-03)

Default WidgetWeather2 Now Available in Cydia!
    yeah, there are a lot of them that have the functionality already, but i happened across one that I like that happens to still rely on woeid. Ive been learning how to write html and CSS, and have dabbled in tweaking existing functions in javascript, but have not done anything so large as to implement the GPS function in a theme that doesn't have it. It would be nice to try to do it myself, just for the sake of learning, but would definitely be a long-term project for me. I guess it may be easier to find one that has the gps implemented, then build the html and CSS around it.

OK bro. Give this a try. The weather portion is now coming from WidgetWeather so fully GPS compatible

Specifically, the time, sunrise & sunset times, humidity, temperature & the weather icon are being controlled with a new main.js file which you will see. Now that the framework is in place, it's very easy to add GPS location information as well if you like. Anyway, give it a try and let me know if you'd like any further changes...

Download Link: [email protected]_separated

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-02-03), King_O_Hill (2015-02-03), michaelrw (2015-02-03), Simon (2015-02-03)

Wow, thanks so much! I will definitely give this a try. I am so curious how you did this (but i know it's way too advanced for me lol) .. i will spend some time comparing the old and new files with WinMerge. Thank you!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to michaelrw For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2015-02-04)

Thanks

Default WidgetWeather2 Now Available in Cydia!
    Wow, thanks so much! I will definitely give this a try. I am so curious how you did this (but i know it's way too advanced for me lol) .. i will spend some time comparing the old and new files with WinMerge. Thank you!
    Marty's a coding beast. Converting the older dBar code is no small project.. and that particular widget was a mish mash of 3-4 HTML files which isn't standard coding either.. Not sure I'd use that conversion as your coding lesson.. Plenty of simpler examples I could share with you.. ..

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2015-02-04), michaelrw (2015-02-04)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast