Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Will Reportedly Allow Chinese Security Audits

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Apple Will Reportedly Allow Chinese Security Audits

So important is the Chinese marketplace to Apple, the iDevice maker will supposedly allow something few thought possible only a short time ago.

According to published reports Thursday in Beijing News, Apple will permit the Chinese government to conduct "security audits" to ensure compliance and security-related provisions are being adhered to by Apple. Chinese media sources say Apple CEO Tim Cook has vowed to "fully cooperate" with officials inside of the Chinese government on security-related product inspections.

Of course, such efforts likely have less to do with user privacy and information security, and more to do with national security. China, it goes without saying, is very suspect of technology and related platforms gaining momentum in China (just ask Mark Zuckerberg).

"There were rumors of us keeping backdoors and providing data to third parties," Cook is quoted by one outlet from his recent meeting with Chinese officials. "We have never had any backdoors and never will." Of course, Apple isn't speaking publicly to this issue for now and we can't be sure Cook's quote is legitimate. But based on what we're hearing out of China, Apple will indeed permit the security audits moving forward.

Source: ZDNet

I remember when google was trying to get Apple to provide source code during one of those laughable, you sue me and I sue you deals.

I hope this is not a tactic to gain additional info on iOS so they can reverse engineer it.

After all a communist government owns everything. Everyone works for the government and doesn't act outside of what they're told to do.

So if China's Government wanted to stop bootleg and cloning it would. But that would take money out of their pocket.