Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Twitter Now Rolling Out New 'While You Were Away" Feature to its Mobile App

Default Twitter Now Rolling Out New 'While You Were Away" Feature to its Mobile App

On Wednesday, Twitter made an official announcement on the social network's blog introducing a new feature for its mobile applications called "While You Were Away."

The new feature aims to allow users that are away from the mobile application for some time to see a grouping of some of the most important Tweet that the user may have missed. Important Tweets are discerned from unimportant ones by the amount of interaction that the Tweet received – for example, a Tweet that received 1,000 re-Tweets and 500 favorites will be considered more important than a Tweet that only received 30 re-Tweets and 15 favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Our goal is to help you keep up – or catch up – with your world, no matter how much time you spend on Twitter. With a few improvements to the home timeline we think we can do a better job of delivering on that promise without compromising the real time nature of Twitter.

Recaps, marked with a “While you were away” heading, will begin to appear for all Twitter for iOS users today, and on our Android app and twitter.com soon.
    The social network notes that the feature is hitting iOS users starting today, and that Android users will see this feature in the future. While You Were Away is hitting the application from Twitter's end, so there's no reason to search the App Store for an updated version of the Twitter application for iOS, because it won't arrive as an iOS application update.

Sources: Twitter

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

What seems bad about this, and I don't use Twitter so I really don't know, but wouldn't that automatically place celebrity tweets in that while things from family and friends, with far less followers, be hidden?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (2015-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    What seems bad about this, and I don't use Twitter so I really don't know, but wouldn't that automatically place celebrity tweets in that while things from family and friends, with far less followers, be hidden?
    Theoretically, it can. But new AI software is hopefully weeding instances like this out. Basically, think refresh rate and time spent in frame.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to leezeldin For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Theoretically, it can. But new AI software is hopefully weeding instances like this out. Basically, think refresh rate and time spent in frame.