Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Prevent Unwanted Application Uninstallations on Your iOS Device(s)

Default How to Prevent Unwanted Application Uninstallations on Your iOS Device(s)

We're all human and it's easy to make mistakes, such as uninstalling applications by mistake. Sometimes, even just handing your device to someone else presents the risk that your personal applications could end up deleted from your device unintentionally.

In any case, a new free jailbreak tweak called UninstallNever is now available in Cydia by iOS developer Logan O'Connell and it will prevent your device from allowing the user to uninstall applications from your iOS device(s).

With the tweak installed, you can attempt to enter 'wiggle' mode on your Home Screen, but you'll notice that even when all of your application icons are wiggling around, the applications that would normally have the little "x" button on them to show that they can be deleted, won't. Without that "x" button, your applications can't be uninstalled.

This tweak is good until it's uninstalled, which means it can be a moderate way of protecting your applications from being uninstalled by accident. On the other hand, if someone you hand your device discovers that this tweak is installed, all they would have to do is uninstall the tweak to re-gain the ability to uninstall applications, but then again, what is the likelihood that someone is going to be searching through your installed Cydia tweaks?

If you want to give UninstallNever a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure and runs on both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: UninstallNever
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Logan O'Connell
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Possibly add a toggle in settings app?

Nice freebie. Love this feature in Springtomize.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

So if the user wants to uninstall an app this is just an annoyance. Another pointless tweak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    So if the user wants to uninstall an app this is just an annoyance. Another pointless tweak.
    You can still uninstall from settings.

That doesn't make the tweak pointless, what it does is it introduces a trade-off. Your logic says that passcodes are useless because they add another annoyance, but other users want passcodes for security.

Are you the type of person that wants added security, or are you the type of person that wants ease of use?

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That doesn't make the tweak pointless, what it does is it introduces a trade-off. Your logic says that passcodes are useless because they add another annoyance, but other users want passcodes for security.

Are you the type of person that wants added security, or are you the type of person that wants ease of use?
    It does. For the poster. Poster, by commenting, is expressing their opinion. And in their opinion it is a pointless tweak, for them.

For me and you, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    It does. For the poster. Poster, by commenting, is expressing their opinion. And in their opinion it is a pointless tweak, for them.

For me and you, it's not.
    Semantics .

It's something that SOMEONE can use, and that's all that matters. :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

U can already do this with restrictions settings.... I use that restriction all the time to keep my kids from deleting my apps

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-01-21)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    U can already do this with restrictions settings.... I use that restriction all the time to keep my kids from deleting my apps
    Yep. This tweak is worthless.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this tweak allows you to select specific apps as opposed to all apps.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

This is a very useless tweak, you've been able to do this using restrictions on settings for years

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

By rating every tweak as above average (you rated this useless POS 4/5) you're just committing the Lake Wobegon error and all your reviews of all tweaks become meaningless. That's unfortunate because Cydia doesn't have a feedback section, unlike the App Store.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

By rating every tweak as above average (you rated this useless POS 4/5) you're just committing the Lake Wobegon error and all your reviews of all tweaks become meaningless. That's unfortunate because Cydia doesn't have a feedback section, unlike the App Store.
    As much as I love the reviews and things on here, I feel I must agree. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a tweak rated less that 3/5 and that one didn't even do anything if I remember right.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!