Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Screenshots Reveal Google's Intention of Launching a Calendar App for iOS

Default Leaked Screenshots Reveal Google's Intention of Launching a Calendar App for iOS

Leaked images from The Next Web reveal that Google is on the verge of launching a Calendar application for the iOS platform to match up with the application that the company just launched for Android back in November of last year.

The Calendar application, like all of Google's services, would allow the user to sign in with their Google account and keep the information synced across all of their devices. It also takes after the newer material design interface that Google has been updating its other iOS applications with, such as Google Maps and Google Translate.

More screenshots reveal that the application will allow you to have photos and maps integrated with Calendar events and integration with Gmail means that Google's Calendar application for iOS will be smart enough to auto-add special upcoming events to the Calendar without the need to be entered manually.

There is not yet any ETA on when the application will be released, but from the looks of the screenshots, the application is finished, if not close to being finished, so presumably, the release will be soon.

Sources: The Next Web

Default Leaked Screenshots Reveal Google's Intention of Launching a Calendar App for iOS
    Now they need to create a google contacts app for iPhone so ios users can access google groups. It should be more than the many third party apps that sync to the ios address book, it should be a dedicated app for google contacts. It should allow users to open all handlers and links in Google apps (ie telephone numbers should open in hangouts, addresses should open in Google maps, text messages should open in Google voice or Google hangouts, urls should open in chrome, video calls in hangouts, emails in gmail or inbox, birthdays and dates in Google calendar, and share contacts as vcf files via Google voice or Google hangouts). There should also be a way to export and import all contacts with pictures using a vcf file. It would also be nice if it supported multiple google accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2015-01-19 at 07:50 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-20)

Sheesh. This guy.ˆ

I haven't even had my coffee yet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to severe For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2015-01-20)

Quote Originally Posted by eprisencc View Post
    Now they need to create a google contacts app for iPhone so ios users can access google groups. It should be more than the many third party apps that sync to the ios address book, it should be a dedicated app for google contacts. It should allow users to open all handlers and links in Google apps (ie telephone numbers should open in hangouts, addresses should open in Google maps, text messages should open in Google voice or Google hangouts, urls should open in chrome, video calls in hangouts, emails in gmail or inbox, birthdays and dates in Google calendar, and share contacts as vcf files via Google voice or Google hangouts). There should also be a way to export and import all contacts with pictures using a vcf file. It would also be nice if it supported multiple google accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to get an Android phone. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Sounds like you need to get an Android phone. LOL
    I got a Nexus 6. I like using my iPhone 6+ better because it's a much smoother experience, however, I pretty much use all Google apps on my iPhone because I think they are better than comparable Apple apps. Another reason I like all Google apps is that it allows me to transition between iOS and Android with ease since I'm using the same apps on both.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-20)

I got a Nexus 6. I like using my iPhone 6+ better because it's a much smoother experience, however, I pretty much use all Google apps on my iPhone because I think they are better than comparable Apple apps. Another reason I like all Google apps is that it allows me to transition between iOS and Android with ease since I'm using the same apps on both.
    meh

Interesting. Seems like an ideal choice given your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    Interesting. Seems like an ideal choice given your situation.
    The best of both worlds. Google offers most of its apps for iOS unlike the piss poor support for Windows phone. The other thing is that Google's apps are as good or better than its android counterpart (except hangouts, no integration with dialer or contact names on incoming calls).

My iPhone 6+

My iPad Air 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Soon my iPhone might have more apps by Google than by Apple. And I might even use these apps!
    Although, like the standalone contacts app on the iPhone that can be accessed from several other apps, it seems a little redundant to add a standalone calendar app since you can just add the google account in iPhone's settings and turn on contacts, calendars, etc.
    Last edited by bmwraw8482; 2015-01-20 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Soon my iPhone might have more apps by Google than by Apple. And I might even use these apps!
    Although, like the standalone contacts app on the iPhone that can be accessed from several other apps, it seems a little redundant to add a standalone calendar app since you can just add the google account in iPhone's settings and turn on contacts, calendars, etc.
    There are some things that a native google app could do that a sync never will. For example Google calendar will have the capability to pull events from your gmail and Google now. You would be able to open links in Google apps instead of Apple apps. The same with Google contacts, opening links in Google apps and having access to your Google groups. Also probably not degrading your contact photos when you make changes to a contact.

Is it just me, or is google’s new design pallet really childish in feeling? Especially the art. It looks like stuff you see on a kindergarten/primary school wall. Are people really into this??

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Is it just me, or is google’s new design pallet really childish in feeling? Especially the art. It looks like stuff you see on a kindergarten/primary school wall. Are people really into this??
    I love Google's new design. It almost feels like it brings back the feeling iOS 6 had, but a little bit of a better touch.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    It's even worse when Android users change their system font to Choco Cooky, that's a FUGLY font. Makes everything look so childish.

Unfortunately the lines between mobile devices blurred sometime ago.

That's pretty nice of Google to make apps that make previous Android users feel comfortable on their iOS devices 😱