Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Reports Claim Samsung will Copy Apple's Touch ID Sensor in Upcoming Galaxy S6

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Reports Claim Samsung will Copy Apple's Touch ID Sensor in Upcoming Galaxy S6

Just recently we reported about rumors going around saying Korean-based company Samsung has plans on copying Apple’s digital crown on its next smartwatch. New reports coming from SamMobile are now claiming that Samsung has plans on copying Apple’s Touch ID feature for its next flaghship device, the Galaxy S6 as well. We can’t say we are surprised that Samsung will be copying features Apple has already rolled out. But back-to-back reports just seem a little out of hand at this point.

When Samsung released its S5 device, it seemed to have underperformed in overall sales. This was most likely the case because Apple had just launched their iPhone 6 lineup. SamMobile reported that the company will be incorporating a fingerprint sensor to replace the current swipe-style sensor. The upcoming fingerprint sensor is supposed to be very similar to Touch ID, both using fingerprints to unlock devices. SamMobile also reported that the current finger movement sensor found in Galaxy devices will be switched out to enlarged home buttons in order to accommodate the sensor.

It was noted that the company may look to Fingerprint Cards, a Swedish company to help with the sensors in the next flagship device. Those curious in seeing what the new feature will look like on the Galaxy S6 should expect to see the unveiling in Barcelona during the yearly Mobile World Congress held in March.

Source: SamMobile

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Perfect, now they just have to make it have iOS 9

I wish space grey was really that dark.

I wonder how Samsung can "copy" Apple's Touch ID because you could expect a PATENT should prevent them from doing that... unless they are going to be paying a royalty... or unless the patent belongs to another company. Any thoughts anyone???
    Last edited by jetsetjoey; 2015-01-17 at 07:03 PM.

Default So much for Patents
    They should make an app for the iPhone that when a [valid] fingerprint is scanned, it can also unlock your desktop, automobile, house, etc...
    Last edited by jetsetjoey; 2015-01-17 at 07:02 PM.

Anything that improves security on other phones has to be good

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    They should make an app for the iPhone that when a [valid] fingerprint is scanned, it can also unlock your desktop, automobile, house, etc...
    They do...
    Vivint (and probably others) use Touch ID to open their app, which unlocks my doors, etc 😜

They could probably make the phone. Apple will sue, and it'll be tied up in court for 12 years.

I wonder how Samsung can "copy" Apple's Touch ID because you could expect a PATENT should prevent them from doing that... unless they are going to be paying a royalty... or unless the patent belongs to another company. Any thoughts anyone???
    I think we all know that Samsung doesn't care about patents. They're perfectly willing to wage a war of attrition if it means selling more handsets and increasing their user base.

Copy Apple blatantly - go to court for a decade through appeals - by the time it's settled they'll have gained a billion users and they'll just pay the now-paltry fine. Repeat.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2015-01-18)

WOW
    Sammy copying Apple !
    Why spend millions in innovation when Korea can just copy u

I don't seem to understand. Fingerprint scanning technology is not new. If Samsung is designing their own sensors then what exactly are they copying?

Samsuck is doing it again ? Haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Perfect! Now when a thief steals your iphone, the would basically have the keys to everything you own!
    Be careful what you ask for, you might get it!:

Default New Reports Claim Samsung will Copy Apple's Touch ID Sensor in Upcoming Galax...
    Is the theif stealing my thumb too?