Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Dynamics' Allows You to Change the Icon of the Floating Bubbles in Dynamic Wallpapers

Default 'Dynamics' Allows You to Change the Icon of the Floating Bubbles in Dynamic Wallpapers

Ever since iOS 7, Apple has been including a feature called Dynamic Wallpapers, which are wallpapers that can move with the motion of your iOS device. The Dynamic Wallpapers are awesome and fun to use, but they're very limited and Apple hasn't done very much to make them even cooler than the basic bubble style that they are and always have been.

Fortunately, if you're jailbroken, you can take advantage of a new jailbreak extension called Dynamics by iOS developer Polar Hacker, which will allow you to change the icons that are put in place of the bubbles in the Dynamic Wallpapers, as shown above.

As you can see, we were able to replace the boring circles with icons representing an Apple Logo, and even an Android logo.

Dynamics integrates with WinterBoard so that you can apply the icons that you want to:

Some of the icon choices that are included stock with the package include:

• Dynamic Triforce
    • Dynamic Skelux
    • Dynamic Sad Mac
    • Dynamic Reddit
    • Dynamic MacCiti
    • Dynamic Heart
    • Dynamic Happy Mac
    • Dynamic Butterfly
    • Dynamic Apple
    • Dynamic Android

You must respring your device each time you change the icon style, as per the requirements of using WinterBoard.

The developer notes that many other icon choices are going to be added in the future with updates, so this is just the tip of the iceberg right now. The developer also recommends using this tweak with HiddenWallpapers so that you can unlock some more wallpapers in iOS that Apple has disabled. This tweak is free.

If you're interested in giving Dynamics a try, it's available in Cydia's MacCiti repository for $1.00. The tweak works with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: Dynamics
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: MacCiti
    Developer: Polar Hacker
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-01-15 at 09:52 PM. Reason: The word "tweak" has been changed to "extension."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default 'Dynamics' Allows You to Change the Icon of the Floating Bubbles in Dynamic W...
    I'm sorry but this isn't a tweak, per se, it's just a theme. I've had a custom Dynamic Wallpaper for almost a year (2-4-14 to be exact) w/ my RingMasker theme. Prior to that, iDynamic had this same feature PLUS more!

Can't believe they're charging for this (I could make all of these in about 10-15min) and, even more, MMI wrote about it!?!? LOL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2015-01-15 at 08:09 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-15)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

You're right Modmyi: this isn't a tweak, it's just a very very simple theme (to be exactly: ONLY ONE PNG Graphic)
    Theme developers (me included) provide this feature since one year to themes

Very clever to call it a new tweak and charge 1 $ for 10 graphics....
    Last edited by Blue; 2015-01-15 at 09:43 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2015-01-15), vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-15)

Sorry guys, I wrote "tweak" because it's in my fingers' muscle memory to write that. I've changed the word "extension."

Additionally to input on the fact that modifying this may be easy for veteran filesystem tinkerers, this extension just makes it easier for the average user to change it to what they like without needing the knowledge to do so manually or having to bother theme creators to add the icons they want (when they usually don't answer requests very often anyhow).

What I find nice about this extension is that simple users, whether they're just high school kids, even your moms and dads, they'll know how to use this extension and can get just started like you and I. No need to know where in the filesystem to navigate or worry about replacing files with the fear of messing anything up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    You're right Modmyi: this isn't a tweak, it's just a very very simple theme (to be exactly: ONLY ONE PNG Graphic)
    Theme developers (me included) provide this feature since one year to themes

Very clever to call it a new tweak and charge 1 $ for 10 graphics....
    Wonder how many downloads this person actually got. What a shame...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Sorry guys, I wrote "tweak" because it's in my fingers' muscle memory to write that. I've changed the word "extension."

Additionally to input on the fact that modifying this may be easy for veteran filesystem tinkerers, this extension just makes it easier for the average user to change it to what they like without needing the knowledge to do so manually or having to bother theme creators to add the icons they want (when they usually don't answer requests very often anyhow).
    Understand what you're saying BUT they're are several peeps out there that do exactly what you're saying! They have been taking requests to make specific DynaWalls for others. Some have charged for this, some have not.

I'm just surprised this random person thought they could charge for something so basic. I'll be even more surprised if someone fell for it!

Thanks

Not sure about Blue, but I even made an entire wallpaper w/ colored RingMasker bubbles/stars/sprites without charging a dime!!!

Thanks

Could i add my websites logo to this? would love to have it on it lol

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

to be fair: no one must buy it. If you only want some new bubbles and don't know how to do make and how simple it is then: why not buy it for 99 cents. Clever idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    to be fair: no one must buy it. If you only want some new bubbles and don't know how to do make and how simple it is then: why not buy it for 99 cents. Clever idea.
    But there's TONS of DynaWalls already on Cydia for free. 'If' someone wanted something different, they can just type 'Dynamic Wallpaper' and get slapped w/ a plethora of options!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Simon (2015-01-16), vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-15)

Just my two cents. Or 99 I guess.
    Last edited by Polar Hacker; 2015-01-16 at 02:32 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Polar Hacker For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-01-16)

Thanks

In response to your post that's been deleted...

I guess it's just a different scene in the jailbreak community, now. If you can charge for something so minimal, kudos to you; make that money!!!

I remember when MMI wouldn't even allow a themer to charge for something like this! My first theme was a signal bar theme. It included 10 different configurations and I tried to see if I could charge for it cuz it took me weeks to make. MMI rejected it due to it not being a complete theme (which is understandable).

But, like I said, if you can get paid then do it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

So basically this does what others have done already on Cydia for free, what winterboard has allowed since very early in the iOS 7 jailbreaks if I'm not mistaken. The only difference I see is the pitch. This is portrayed in its description like some revolutionary new thing. It's not and should not be a paid package imo. There is literally tons of this already on Cydia for free changing the bubbles from different shapes to sports teams. Doesn't take a developer to do this. All it takes is a image and the right file name to put in winterboard.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2015-01-16), vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-16)

Hmm, modmyi deleted the wrong post. Anyway, keep in mind (again) that a lot of people don't know how to make WinterBoard themes. This is perfect for them.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Polar Hacker For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2015-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Hacker View Post
    Hmm, modmyi deleted the wrong post. Anyway, keep in mind (again) that a lot of people don't know how to make WinterBoard themes. This is perfect for them.
    I think what thazar, blue and I were trying to point out is that there are already tons of these on Cydia for free. Have been for over a year. Download, set in winterboard and done. I saw at least 20 free ones on Cydia when I searched yesterday quickly. I am sure there are tons more.