Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular GIFPaper Tweak Updated for iOS 8, Lets You Set Animated GIFs as Wallpapers

Default Popular GIFPaper Tweak Updated for iOS 8, Lets You Set Animated GIFs as Wallpapers

The popular GIFPaper jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Adam N. Smith that was released in the middle of last year to let you set animated GIF images as your wallpaper in iOS has been updated for iOS 8.

GIFPaper8 is a separate package from the original GIFPaper, although it is a free upgrade for those that own the previous version of the tweak. Just like the predecessor, GIFPaper8 gives you plenty of options for setting an animated GIF image as your wallpaper in iOS, both for your Lock Screen and Home Screen.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

The various options that you can fiddle with here include:

• Enabling or disabling the tweak on demand
    • Choosing whether or not your GIF image should be on the Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both
    • Selecting the source of your GIF image (photo library or Web URL)
    • Choosing a scaling mode for the GIF to fit your display
    • Choosing a custom speed for the animated GIF
    • Choosing a custom alpha level for the animated GIF
    • Having the animated GIF adjust to the dock or letting the dock overlap it

Another cool feature of the tweak is that you don't even have to be in the Settings application to set a wallpaper. If you go to Mobile Safari and you find an animated GIF image that you really like, you can just tap and hold on the image, and an option for setting it as a wallpaper will appear:

The developer promises low battery consumption, as well as more features on the way.

If you're interested in giving GIFPaper8 a try, it's available for $1.00 in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now, unless you already own the original GIFPaper, then it's a free upgrade for you. The tweak is intended for iOS 8 only *iOS 7 users should use the previous version of GIFPaper.

Name: GIFPaper8
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Adam N. Smith
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Although I haven't tried it, I feel like this would have been one of the greats if it were free, like Zeppelin.

People gotta eat, i guess.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-16)

And the main question is:

Will it drain the battery?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yzord For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-01-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
    And the main question is:

Will it drain the battery?
    Of course it will. but on newer devices, that won't be a problem..

Thanks

I feel as if the battery drain would be just way too much, but I'm still tempted to try out a couple of Star Wars Gif's... Wonder if a wallpaper cycle tweak would work with this as well...

Thanks

Purchased this tweak and love it! I just wish I could find a good locale for appropriately sized gifs. Most of those that I find are landscape, so they just take up the middle of the screen. Would love to find some sized specifically for the iP6 screen.