Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bank of America Now Has 1.1 Million Cards Activated on Apple Pay

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bank of America Now Has 1.1 Million Cards Activated on Apple Pay

As it has been quite a few months since Apple launched mobile payment system Apple Pay, its launch partner Bank of America announced that an additional 800,000 customers have signed up for it. This means that Bank of America now has 1.1 million cards activated for the payment system. The bank provided its quarterly earning statistics and although 1.1 million active cards may seem like a small number compared to their 60 million customers, it is still highly successful. Do keep in mind that Apple Pay has only been out since October.

Bank of America has been promoting Apple Pay recently in T.V. advertisements, which isn’t surprising as other banks have previously done promotions for the mobile payment system as well. It was noted in the ads that the Cupertino-based company’s new payment system is "the new, easy, secure, smart way to pay with a simple touch." The company did not provide any numbers in regards to transaction volumes or registered/active users. Apple Pay has been highly successful considering the newness of the whole ordeal. We won’t be surprised if more and more users start using Apple Pay as it is just a whole lot more convenient.

If you’re an active user of Apple Pay, would you recommend it to others? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Appleinsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Best thing since sliced bread!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sepelcure For This Useful Post:

2fast (2015-01-15)

Still none of my cards work with this system.

Wee need more cards accepting apple pay. My debit card nor my gas credit cards work with apply pay yet

I bet they have me counted even though I haven't re-added mine since a restore I made months ago. Also, they probably counted me multiple times before that when I actually went through the trouble to re-add it between restores.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-01-17)

Thanks

All my credit cards work with apple pay, just waiting on Bank Of Hawaii to get with it... Only place I've been to that even accepts payments via apple pay yet is Macy's...

Thanks

I too re added my cards multiple times due to 4 restores and re-jailbreaks, wonder if they counted all of those too...