Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's How to Send Any File in Your iOS File System Through iMessage

Default Here's How to Send Any File in Your iOS File System Through iMessage

When you're using iMessage, you will find yourself limited to what kinds of files you're allowed to send. Apple only gives you access to your photo library for photos and videos, and you can only send voice messages from the Messages application, not voice memos that you've made in the past.

If you want to remove these silly restrictions and be able to send any file from your entire iOS file system through iMessage, just like you can in the Messages application for Mac OS X, then you need to check out a new jailbreak tweak called iMAllFile by iOS developer iMokhles.

With this tweak installed, you will see a new button at the top right of the Messages application interface, which, when tapped, will open a file browser so that you can select any file from your iOS file system to send to another iMessage user, as shown below:

You can simply select the file you want to send, and it will be put in the text box for you. You can then tap on the Send button to send it off to any recipient using iMessage.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand:

If you're interested in giving iMAllFile a try, it's available for 99 right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak works with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: iMAllFile
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-4
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iMokhles
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you know if the receiver of the iMessage have to have their device jailbroken in order to receive the file? And if so, do they also need to have this tweak installed?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbauerctu For This Useful Post:

se23 (2015-01-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to clarify I know that it says that you can send it off to any recipient using iMessage but I wasn't sure if that meant any device or anyone in general.

Says not compatible with my iOS version. I am on 8.1.2

I don't know how Anthony reviewed this if it doesn't support 8.1.2? A special download? Payment?
    Last edited by sheltons.iphone; 2015-01-17 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    Says not compatible with my iOS version. I am on 8.1.2

I don't know how Anthony reviewed this if it doesn't support 8.1.2? A special download? Payment?
    Same here.

**Update**

The Bigboss repo maintainer pulled it from its repo due to the fact that the tweak is currently broken.
    Last edited by miketurbo123; 2015-01-17 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miketurbo123 View Post
    Same here.

**Update**

The Bigboss repo maintainer pulled it from its repo due to the fact that the tweak is currently broken.
    In that case, seems to me that Anthony simply saw the tweak listed and thought "Hey, this looks good!" And rated it 5 stars on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by xWalmartCandyx View Post
    In that case, seems to me that Anthony simply saw the tweak listed and thought "Hey, this looks good!" And rated it 5 stars on the spot.
    Well, it has been updated to work now.

Some people had issues. Not all users were affected.
    Last edited by miketurbo123; 2015-01-17 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miketurbo123 View Post
    Well, it has been updated to work now.
    Thanks for letting me know, will purchase it soon