Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Unveils New Galaxy A7 Phone to Compete with Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    It's a shame..... if those who love Android only new
    If iOS Fanbois only KNEW how to spell we might take them seriously...

Anyway, iOS has copied far more from the jailbreak and Android communities than Android has copied from Apple. The irony is when Android does it it's theft and cheap and all that crap but when Apple does it suddenly it's innovative. If Apple was just more honest and respected the intelligence of their users then I'd actually be able to respect the company.

iOS 8 supports 3rd party keyboards is such a lie, the truth is it allows something akin to keyboard skins.

FWIW, I'm posting the from my iPhone 6, own an iPad Air 2 and MacBook Pro so I'm not a hater I just have a realistic viewpoint.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyphur For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (2015-01-15), vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-15)

Samsung always playing ketchup!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-01-15)

Quote Originally Posted by king_o_hill View Post
    samsung always playing ketchup!
    haha-
    😛

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vXBaKeRXv For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-16)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Samsung always playing ketchup!
    Because iOS had Notification Center first, right?

Default Samsung Unveils New Galaxy A7 Phone to Compete with Apple's iPhone 6 Plus
    Sorry, I don't carry around a list of who had what first from a few years ago. So I guess that's Samsung 1, Apple 1000's

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

Sorry, I don't carry around a list of who had what first from a few years ago. So I guess that's Samsung 1, Apple 1000's

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!
    I forgot; Apple invented rectangles, touch screens, dial pads, icons, fonts, speakerphone and breathing.

If you seriously believe that there is only 1 thing Apple copied or stole from others then there simply is no helping you.

I remember when iPhones didn't have copy/paste or MMS support but I guess they were right about that one.

Now they have iMessage using your Data to send text & MMS in a time when our Data is metered and our messaging (txt & mms) are unlimited. Sure that makes a lot of sense to me.

Blindly following any company or product demonstrates a limited imagination (amongst other things).

Learn to evaluate the product not the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    I forgot; Apple invented rectangles, touch screens, dial pads, icons, fonts, speakerphone and breathing.
    Actually it was Apple that was 1st in bringing touch screens to smartphones.

You don't have to use iMessage either if you don't like it. Just make sure that you have unlimited text from your carrier. Problem solved with all that iMessage data that your using.

Actually it was Apple that was 1st in bringing touch screens to smartphones.
    I could swear it was HTC circa 2001 - 2003 with Windows Mobile Phones. I believe Apple's first phone was circa 2007?

Oh, let me better word that.

First to bring it to the mainstream phone users.

Unless everyone had a iPAQ or Palm... Yeah.

Oh, let me better word that.

First to bring it to the mainstream users.
    So we'll just change the criteria to suit Apple?

Bottom line is Apple is rarely first at anything, they just seem to be good at taking things others did and putting them together in a good way. Most of the "New and Innovative" iOS 8 features aren't new to Android users.

There is no shame in the truth, Apple has its place in the ecosystem just like Android does. Fanbois on both sides look really silly.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

So we'll just change the criteria to suit Apple?

Bottom line is Apple is rarely first at anything, they just seem to be good at taking things others did and putting them together in a good way. Most of the "New and Innovative" iOS 8 features aren't new to Android users.

There is no shame in the truth, Apple has its place in the ecosystem just like Android does. Fanbois on both sides look really silly.
    So you're comparing a company in whole to a phone OS? Actually/technically it would be considered new and innovative! Since Apple would have to rewrite on how those features work in a iOS environment and not Android to avoid patent and copyright infringements.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    So you're comparing a company in whole to a phone OS?
    Nope, reading comprehension obviously isn't your greatest skill.

Actually/technically it would be considered new and innovative! Since Apple would have to rewrite on how those features work in a iOS environment and not Android to avoid patent and copyright infringements.
    Apparently composition isn't a skill you're familiar with either.

You're just another example of blindly following and not even able to make a reasonable argument for the position you claim to support.

If you actually read and understood my posts you'd see that I not only own devices from both sides of the fence but also admit that each has their positives & negatives. I've been using smart phones for well over a decade and have even modified smartphone operating systems. My time working with technology spans 4 decades and encompasses software development, network management, hardware development/support, telecommunications and just about any other segment not mentioned.

"I bought an iPhone" really doesn't make you qualified to hold an educated opinion on smartphones.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Nope, reading comprehension obviously isn't your greatest skill.

Apparently composition isn't a skill you're familiar with either.

You're just another example of blindly following and not even able to make a reasonable argument for the position you claim to support.

If you actually read and understood my posts you'd see that I not only own devices from both sides of the fence but also admit that each has their positives & negatives. I've been using smart phones for well over a decade and have even modified smartphone operating systems. My time working with technology spans 4 decades and encompasses software development, network management, hardware development/support, telecommunications and just about any other segment not mentioned.

"I bought an iPhone" really doesn't make you qualified to hold an educated opinion on smartphones.
    Typical I know everything and has to list his knowledge and time span of said knowledge to try and prove himself. Sounds like your trying to compensate for something! Not that I give a crap who you are and plus you have no idea who I am and my knowledge. I certainly have nothing to prove. Also, congratulations on guessing right on me having a read comprehension issue A$$hole!

Typical I know everything and has to list his knowledge and time span of said knowledge to try and prove himself. Sounds like your trying to compensate for something! Not that I give a crap who you are and plus you have no idea who I am and my knowledge. I certainly have nothing to prove. Also, congratulations on guessing right on me having a read comprehension issue A$$hole!
    Oh I don't know everything, just have experience and knowledge to backup my opinions.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

This is almost as much fun as the Avengers! * gets popcorn*

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12