Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Date in StatusBar' Puts a Reminder of What Date it is Right in Your Status Bar

Default 'Date in StatusBar' Puts a Reminder of What Date it is Right in Your Status Bar

The iOS Status Bar always keeps the time for us; it shows right in the Center of the bar and updates by the minute in real time. One thing it lacks, however, is the date.

If you're interested in adding the date to the Status Bar right alongside the clock, then you need to check out a new free jailbreak tweak called Date in StatusBar by iOS developer MatrixDevTeam.

Shown above, this tweak puts the date just to the left of the time in the Status Bar; it's shown in MMM DD format. The tweak doesn't modify the format of the time whatsoever, so you can enjoy seeing the time in your usual format along with the date, which is a plus because many tweaks that have tried to do this in the past have switched the Status Bar clock to 24-hour format without the user wanting it to.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure and is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak is compatible with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: Date in StatusBar
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MatrixDevTeam
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Crazy that Apple doesn't provide this. I find it really useful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Crazy that Apple doesn't provide this. I find it really useful.
    I have written Apple about this situation a few times. It is very strange that Apple does not include the date with the time. It's a nuisance to toggle between apps to see the date. I bet it's one of the the number one reasons people jail break their devices! (WAKE-UP APPLE!!!)

I wont lie, I actually love this. The small things that can make you happy. Should be an OS default.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had the same tweak by another developer since ios7

What's the tweak for the status bar to be at the bottom of the dock?

This article needs to be deleted as the MatrixDevTeam member "theRandomDev" simply posted the coding of this tweak as an exact copy. The same goes with TitleHider. These were removed from the BigBoss repo yesterday.

Please remove.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twahl3583 View Post
    This article needs to be deleted as the MatrixDevTeam member "theRandomDev" simply posted the coding of this tweak as an exact copy.
    Ok but then where do we get the legitimate tweak?

repo.rpdev.info

Date In Statusbar